14. Surprise Tests Suck

Jungkook shut his books excitedly and began to stuff them inside the box when Jimin looked at him. "Oh, sorry. That was my dad on the phone. He is here to pick me up."

"But we aren't done yet." Jimin said, shooting a justifiable look at the boy.

Jungkook stopped to think. "Can we do it later, please?" He looked up with great discomfort as if it physically hurt him to disappoint Jimin. "I will ask dad to come late from tomorrow?"

"Whatever, just leave."

Voicelessly, Jungkook ran out the door and Mrs. Park found herself making way in the living room. "That kid is really innocent." She remarked, making Jimin gawk at her as if he had never seen this woman in his life

"He'd mastered the art of being innocent in front of all his friend's parents. He ain't innocent." He scowled and got up.

"I didn't think he was your friend." Mrs. Park pushed Jimin's buttons.

The boy halted momentarily but not wanting to argue, he resumed ascending the staircase to his room. Just as he saw something, he descended right back down. "Who came into my room?"

"I am sure nothing is stolen, calm down." Mrs. Park replied coldly.

Jimin ran back into his room to see if anything was out of the place, except there was a playboy magazine with nude gay models kept on his bed. "You are dead, Jeon Jungkook."

**

The entire class went berserk when the math teacher announced a surprise test except for Jungkook. He was defiantly excited as he had finished the sums just yesterday with Jimin. They submitted their papers and waited for the teacher to score the test.

"What do smart guys do before sleeping? How do you study, Jungkook? Please help me." Jenny asked the boy and flustered him.

"He can't answer you that, girl. You should ask me." Jimin interrupted rather loudly, rolling his hair up charmingly and keeping the extended eye-lock with the girl that was sure to make anyone's heart flutter. Jenny was no different as she wiped her forehead sweat.

"Park Jimin," the teacher called the disturbing element of the class to the podium. The boy huffed as he staggered with bored expressions and yawned in the teacher's face. "Is the class too boring for you, Park?"

"I was expressing just that." Jimin took papers from the teacher's hand, glancing at him, and turned towards the classroom.

Jungkook had an exciting smile on his face which annoyed Jimin a bit too much. He ignored the boy as if he didn't bring him to his home just yesterday or he had anything to do with him.

"Jung Hoseok," Jimin announced and guffawed out, making it pretty obvious that his best friend had failed. "18/100."

If the classmates had done any better, they would have joined Jimin, but they knew their scores were more or less identical.

"Min Yoongi, 40/100."

"Do-Jin..." Jimin paused as he called out the name of his mortal enemy and passed a scoff at him, eyeing him up breifly. "3/100."

The teacher kept staring at the class with an awful look in his eyes. This class was every teacher's nightmare. He realized that Jimin didn't call out the score for one test paper. Turning back, he threw the same bitter look at the boy. "Did cat got your tongue?"

"It's my paper, why do I have to announce my score to the whole world?" Jimin sneered.

"The same reason why you are announcing everyone's result to the whole world, Jimin." The teacher said calmly.