3. Hate at First Fight

Everyone gasped as they saw Jimin wheezed in long puffs of air after the liquid welled his airway so suddenly that he did not see it coming. Jungkook did not regret anything until this point but as the senior stood while his phone and earphone winched away, he felt a flicker of fear deep in his guts and he recoiled at the feeling, but he chose to wear the same expressions of tenacity that caused him to do this in the first place.

Hoseok and Jin peered over people's heads but all they could see was a flock as though the students were flies gawking a piece of fruit to sit on.

Jimin's jaw trembled as he seethed and his eyes decided to kill Jungkook with just the intimidating glare. The boy defiantly would have flinched if he was not stood there petrified on his own action. "Did you think this would earn you an all-kill?" Jimin spewed and only terrified Jungkook could hear the words. "In about a minute, you are going to regret skipping your grades and I want you to remember this." 

As everyone took few steps back, Jungkook realized how hazardous a mistake it was to attack a senior like that in front of- technically all the school. No one was standing with him except his two friends but they would not also take a beating with him. 

"You have brought this upon yourself." Jimin's lips formed a nefarious smirk and Jungkook's eyes developed a slight gloss in them, but he choked back tears.

The younger recoiled, shrinking into himself as Jimin's tightly shut phalanges swooshed in. He positively felt cold air on his face as he waited for numbing pain to seer through before he heard the rattling of something that allowed him to open his eyes. 

Yoongi had blocked the punch that Jimin had so carelessly fired at the boy. Now that the attention was turned upon the two alpha males, Jungkook felt no shame in letting the tears escape. Taehyung and Bambam encashed the opportunity to drag Jungkook away from the scene. By then, the boy had started trembling. His core was terrified as he did not think he would be this frightened again, but he'd today found himself astray.

"Jungkook, it's okay." Taehyung leaned and stood a little afar to let the boy breathe, but his hands never left the friend's shoulders. 

"It is not okay, Taehyung. IT FUCKING IS NOT!" Jungkook looked around frantically as if he would find a magic lamp to turn back time. 

"Okay, okay!" Taehyung shook him desperately to distract him while Bambam only held onto their lunchboxes so dearly. "We cannot change it back. Own it or apologize publically." 

The words started to play in Jungkook's head. "What is the third option?" Jungkook spoke to himself more than asked. 

"I heard he is into boys, make out with him," Taehyung stated nimbly.

"Make out with him, make out with him, make out - Are you fucking crazy?!" Jungkook shouted and swatted his hands away with an objection, forgetting about the poor heart that he made sail through hell and back which was still throbbing inside like a little puppy who has been scolded.

"Or befriend Yoongi," Taehyung mumbled, holding his hands up and slowly taking steps back. "I heard he is the only one who can sober Jimin down."  

Jungkook did not know how Taehyung knew all of this about Jimin but he could care less. All he had been thankful for was that Taehyung knew all this. "Thanks but no, I will stand up for myself."

Bambam who had not spoken a word along with Taehyung looked at Jungkook with completely confused expressions. "Have you seen Jimin?" Bambam spoke at last as if Jungkook's memory was somehow wiped clean and he had to be reminded. 

"I don't care how popular he is, or how tormenting," Jungkook sighed in determination and simultaneously came to terms with the fact that it would hurt like a bitch the next time because Yoongi would not always be there to block punches. "If I cower now, that's what I will be for the coming years. I don't want to be a wuss." He spoke gallantly.