23. Butterflies Are Invited Over

"We are hanging out in a car now, great!" Jungkook huffed out, feigning aggravation.

"Why? Did you make reservations in a 5-star?" Jimin asked, side-eyeing Jungkook as he waited for Jin in a driveway.

"Like I would ever take you out to 5-star." Jungkook jabbed.

"Why can't you?" Jimin stretched his arms, turning his frame towards Jungkook as he leaned in. "Am I not good enough to be taken to a 5-star restaurant?" He asked by dipping several octaves.

Jungkook immediately cowered back with sudden red emerging throughout his face as he breathed frantically on Jimin's statement. "My sweet, I found your weakness," Jimin looked at him. "Now I can exploit your cute little ass all I want."

"My a-ass?" The boy's round eyes went rounder as he stuttered. "You are an asshole!" Jungkook tore his eyes around, quickly shifting his weight to look out the window.

Jimin hadn't realized, but his cheeks were also dusted pink. "What am I doing?" His mind asserted when he nervously tapped his feet and looked outside. To his serendipity, Jin entered through the gates.

"Hyung!" He immediately jumped out of the car, breathing deeply and involuntarily rubbing his palm over his face.

Jungkook took in a sharp inhale that had an edge of a growl of a wolf. Surely enough, no one heard him. He looked at Jin's head lurking around Jimin's body with a mischievous glint in his eyes as he waved at him with a smile from outside the car.

Jungkook bowed immediately and smiled back at the older as he saw Jimin's hand punching his chest followed by their laugh about something.

The young boy's heartbeat was like someone pounding metal on an anvil, hard. After coming back home from the states, he thought about why did it hurt so bad if Jimin was with someone else. He had to infer that he had caught feelings for the senior again when his pain wouldn't shift, no matter how hard he tried to chuck it away.

Once they resolved their fights all those months ago, Jungkook started having many butterflies over to dinner and playing ring-a-ring-a-rosies in his tummy. But he second-thought everything, not knowing if what he felt was just admiration like all those years ago, or a simple crush because Jimin was perfect. He couldn't decide what he felt, but in the deepest corner of his heart, he knew that he liked the senior to the point of more than just admiration.

He hadn't the courage to do anything about it because even if he ensured himself that his feelings for the older boy were romantic, he couldn't possibly think that Jimin would like him back, given their chronicles with each other. Also, he couldn't overlook the fact that the boy had slept with someone else.

He jostled out of his deep thinking when Jimin and Jin walked around and the older boy opened the door for him. "Hey, Jungkook-ah! What is it like to get straight A's in school and win a damn trophy?" Jin made a congratulatory remark.

"I would not know. Ask Jimin Hyung..." The boy smiled and swelled Jimin's heart for being modest. They all knew that Jimin was slacking off for far too long in class and Jungkook was getting perfect grades.

"He is being kind, Hyung." Jimin smiled too, a soft one at that. "Why don't we go inside and talk?"

"I have to go now. I only wanted to give you this," Jin pointed at a notebook that he'd given to Jimin a few moments back. "See you at school."

The two saw the oldest walking away with each step and Jimin beckoned Jungkook into the house. Jungkook hesitated at first. It was long since he'd come here. "Jungkook? Is that you?" Mrs. Park asked, leaving her laptop and walking over to the boy.