33. With All Due Respect

Jimin and Jungkook walked into the class together. There were very few students inside as they arrived early. Yoongi waved at Jungkook and the younger smiled at the older, ignoring Do-Jin as he did since the little accident.

"You seem to be a bit upset with Do-Jin," Jimin snickered. "Wasn't he best friend of yours?" Inwardly, Jimin was happier than most days. Jungkook was all healed, they were making good progress with the studies, exams were near, their dance practice was almost done, and now it seemed, Jungkook hated the same person whom he did.

"My teacher once told me to not step in shit because shit is shit, it can't get worse than that and if you step on it, you are shit-stained, but it wouldn't make any difference to shit." Jungkook put the bag beside Jimin and sat down with a thump.

When he glanced up, Jimin had his face scrunched like popcorn. "She referred to me as shit when we used to fight."

Jungkook grinned before his grin schooled into high pitch cackles. Jimin rolled his eyes, taking the seat beside Jungkook regardless. "I hate thinking about that time," the older mumbled and Jungkook stopped chuckling all of the sudden.

"Why do you hate Do-Jin so much? Wasn't the dispute between Yoongi Hyung and you?" Jungkook asked, unzipping the bag and taking out two pens, handing one to Jimin, and keeping one in his own hand.

Jimin absentmindedly accepted the pen and a smile spread across his lips when he spotted that the two pens were identical and customized with their names written over them in golden shimmer, Jimin and the one with Jungkook had Kookie.

"It's a long story, Kookie," Jimin said with a lilt of teasing.

Jungkook ignored the nickname and turned to the teacher who had just stirred inside.

**

Hoseok was eating and so was Jimin, but Jungkook was playing with the food, only wanting to know more about what had happened with Jimin and Do-Jin.

"Eat, Jungkook-ah, we have to leave for the lab and I don't want you to whine in my ears later that you are hungry."

"So you are telling me what happened or not?" Jungkook pointed his chopstick towards Jimin. Hoseok kept listening, he sure knew what had happened, but it wasn't his truth to tell.

"I am not going to tell you anything," Jimin ignored the pleas and kept eating quickly. "What is it that you wanted, Hoseok?" He asked his friend.

"Oh, the sapling from your cherry blossom. My grandmother loves the fragrance and lately, she feels nauseous so she wants a hobby and also a remedy."

Jungkook pouted as the two elders ignored him. Once Jimin was done eating, he looked at Hoseok's dish that was clean. His eyes padded a gaze at Jungkook's, it was untouched. "Eat." Jimin quite literally commanded.

"But Hyung, you should I eat, will you-"

"I said, eat. Jungkook." The older punctuated the clear words and Jungkook frowned in despair.

He didn't know how Jimin always made him obey, even when he didn't want to. With the same frustration, he picked up the chopsticks and started to angrily shove the food in his mouth. Jimin stared at him for a few seconds. Hoseok had left the table by then and Jimin waited patiently for Jungkook to finish while looking at his phone.

Jungkook was a quick eater so he was done almost in mere minutes. Standing up, with an expression of protest, he left the table, leaving Jimin sitting behind. Jimin had to look twice at the empty table and Jungkook's retreating figure before he shook his head indignantly at the spoilt brat. Sometimes he wanted to pin Jungkook down on the bed and bite all over his neck to punish him for being such a pain in the ass, but he also loved the boy, so he could never actually do that with an intention of getting back at him.