4. Onion Soup With What?

Jungkook reached home ambushed. He had not eaten properly during the day and was famished as he looked around. His mother would wait for him in the living room but today he could only see his father. 

"I am home." The boy announced meekly and let his backpack fall to the ground with expressions that said don't come near me I will kill you or please hug me. Mr. Jeon had difficulty reading them and he concluded he needed to go for a hug. 

"My son! How was the first day? Did you make new friends?" He beamed and patted the sofa to indicate the boy he sit. 

Jungkook sighed with a frown developing on his forehead that lived for way too short and died immediately when a whine came out of the boy's mouth. "Where is mom?"

His indication was clear that stabbed his father's heart or he made it seem like it. "I am hurt." Mr. Jeon said curtly and held his left palm above his chest diagonally.

"Only if you caught the right side." Jungkook pointed at the left-hand side portion over his ribs at his father's performance and saw him switching hands, he kept his unfazed face directed at him. "Where is mom? Am I not the important one in her life?"

"Sit here, I wanted to tell you something for a long time." Mr. Jeon pulled on the hand of the boy and Jungkook's mind forgot momentarily about the new enemy he made in contrast to his father's question, and he keened his audible senses at the words that would come out. His fingers crossed, he could not bear another hearing in the day he had.

"It might come as a shock to you but don't be too broken. To answer your question, no son. You are the important one in her life. It's Candy Crush." 

Jungkook looked up at his father's face, all the tension leaving his body and putting him in a frenzy of relief. 

"I am going to leave this house of maniacs." He stood up at once and did not look back when the man chuckled and laid on the sofa like that of a grandma who has nothing better to do the entire day except watching TV shows and messing with the younger ones for her own entertainment. 

Meanwhile, Jimin's room was knocked again and the boy groaned to toss on the bed before he rammed the lonely pillow over his head to hide his utter grimace. "Go away!" he yelled in a muffled groan.

"Open the door right now." Jimin heard his father's strict tone and he jumped on his feet immediately as if the bed had electrocuted him, running off to open the door almost in a quick reflex.

"Appa," Jimin stepped back to let the man enter but his father remained outside.

"I heard from your school," Jimin's heart dropped to his intestines and his feet reluctantly pulled him closer to his father. "I would say it's progress. Last year... Last year it took Mr. Bang one week to call me." The man effortlessly rolled out the words without any expressions and though the words were sarcastic, Jimin's heart underwent shattering of a sort. He knew what was coming next. 

"I am sorry Appa, it wasn't really my fault this time. This kid was disrespectful to me in the morning and then he threw a glass full of juice on my face. Was I supposed to just let him go?" He asked with creases appearing on his forehead and Mr. Park sighed dejectedly. 

"In any case, make believable lies. Mr. Bang told me he was a junior moved to your grade. I cannot believe you would fight him. Next time, at least pick a fight with an equal if you do decide on it and forget about the dance internship if your grades drop."

"As if that ever happened?" Jimin mumbled while he looked over his shoulder to see a Michael Jackson poster that had been hung on the wall, a fool to think Mr. Park did not hear.