29.

After the interview, I left the car with him and the others. We all had settled down of the shocking change of course, in this event. There was somehow a silent agreement existent that we wouldn't talk about it now.

We kept quiet, leaving me with my thoughts. They were jumbled all over the place. How was I supposed to have a clear mind. My target seemed very unrealistic at that moment.

Saying that, I felt conflicted and confused. My thoughts would turn over to the side that this was highly unexpected and sort of unprofessional of these hosts to leave us out on such an essential part. I wasn't sure how the others felt, but at least I was taken aback by it.

I felt a gaze on me. Someone was glancing at me. I turned around, and a smile got over me. It was Venti. He had a light-hearted expression and left me in the middle of standing there in front of the door.

Kazuha, on the other hand, looked at me. His red eyes pierced mine when I realized that he glanced at me. "I'm sorry, really the others are too— but especially Xiao had a rough time with being overwhelmed from the social setting." I nodded and smiled, silently thanking him. I pat his shoulder and stood there.

I could enter anytime, but I didn't want to.

There was too much on my mind to sleep now. How was it even possible to do so when there was huge traffic going on with my thoughts. I took my hairband out and walked a few metres. Into my sight fell one or two big trees with bushes that were planted in the in the front.

I sat down in the grass of the front yard. When my hands met with it, it felt soft and tickled. I laughed lightly, feeling quite as if I was put at ease. The flowers were all over in the beautiful flowerbeds, resting quietly, yet their various colors were a treasure for the eye.

I was able to embrace a calm state of mind for the first time this week after all that trouble. I took a deep breath in and out. Feeling my lungs slowly relieved was such a gift. Every inch if my body had been so cramped and tensed.

I leant back and smiled.

I saw with the glimpse of my eye in the corner a shadow. A figure had appeared out of "nowhere." That's what I would've described it as if I didn't already catch his appearance. He sat down beside me.

There was a short silence between us. I wasn't sure what to do or say. I felt my heartbeat increase.

"That was quite a shock," I sigh, making an attempt of our so-called 'talk' at home. There was a powerful silence between us that would direct the course of our conversation. I glanced over at him with surprise when his eyes softened.

He had this gentle expression. One that was only known to me. He had the inches of his lips embody the sorrow he felt. His tone altered the moment his lips departed.

"I'm so sorry.." he whispered with his voice audibly trailing off.

I shook my head with a significant smile. My eyes wandered to meet his emerald green ones. "Listen, it's okay. You couldn't have known." I told him honestly.

He runs a hand through his hair as he leans back. I look at him with a soft expression. He sighed, "Still, they shouldn't have done that," he emphasized. I nodded in agreement, feeling really sometimes.. I love and hate it at the same time how we're poisoned by this vine. That's my job." He paused, I thought about it, and he was right. I knew that thought— i was the one who thought about all of this earlier. 

This whole process had already taken place in my mind when my thoughts scattered. They were all about him in one moment, and the next, it was him who'd embrace me and make me happy. I snapped out of it as soon as I noticed his lips departing to say something.