14.

———present ,
but nightmare in past

[ 1st pov ]

After feeling exhausted from hurting on the foot and palm, I decided to go for a short- sort of power nap or however if refer it to. If I even could've considered that one. My bones would ache up anyway later.

When my eyes finally closed and my mind found a rather quietly envoirement that moment, I tried to drift off from reality.

I embraced the darkness while the light disappeared from my eyes only to land in my imagination. Where my ears sunk into a trance that allowed me to keep a longer rest than I ever intended.

Which carried it's own problems along. The next thing my consciousness could recall was being brought up in a old memory- which turned bits by bits into a nightmare in real life. That caused me pain, sorrow and regret.

I remembered this situation more than to my liking. I did tend back then to ignore my clear regrets.
After all digging something in a deep place was easier than confronting. Since certain events I've grown to accept my regrets, that they exist. I stopped denying, "he needed more than me" was a thought that was put together with my constant overthinking of those past problems.

My family- my mother, she wouldn't recognize me some days. That hit me hard, because I knew it was true how we did hurt each other. Even if mainly I was the one of the cause for that.

The horror was in front of my eyes. I sat at the telephone. Calling Albedo, the ash blonde with the blue eyes took immediately up.

"What happened?" he asked gentle.

I took a deep breath, "You remember that incident with my phone?" I said, shaking slightly.

He kept quiet, but then, "yes, yes I do." He replied.

In that moment, I was reminded how I had a clear feeling on that day, a image. Even though this was a actual nightmare after all. There was it again, the sadness and blame.

"So it appeared finally again- well the police helped me." I explained, but then it was about to go all down hill.

"My phone's SIM card is lost, it was never found. And my whole phone got reseted, but that's not the worst." I drew my voice low. It began to hurt more and more to talk about it.

"It gets even worse?" he questioned curious. His voice wasn't shocked but, more likely surprised. I nodded to myself, putting on a strange smile.

As I sighed it came out of my lips: "I lost Venti's number, every number of my old friends. I was able to find a way contacting them via Instagram and even Snapchat, but Venti seems as if he's disappeared. I couldn't even find his adress? I'm just worried he thinks I'm backstabbing him." Ypu exhaled, after explaining everything in a speed. This was definitely part of the top 3 worst sentences ever coming out of my mouth.

The male kept quiet on the other side. He obviously tried cheering me up in some way that day. Yet I had expressed my gratitude for his clear efforts.

"I think if you two really were best friends you surely will meet him again, don't blame yourself. You are a great person." he pointed out, I smiled to myself. I didn't know what to say. My words got stuck in my throat for a very quick second that passed fast. "Thank you but you're the one talking.." I sighed.

That was the last time I've kept the memories happy and the first time I thought of them as sad that moment.