30.

You were currently browsing through some files. Those were important for the upcoming tour. Which after all would take place very soon. Somehow, it wasn't getting you to worked up as you expected.

The work was easy— the concentration on the other hand.

However you reminded yourself
it was only a small one, not too big. The boys would return to their home every respective time, but it would feel a bit lonely without their spirits in the morning.

You sighed, sitting back on the desk. With your chair being adjusted to your liking— you knew your mind would not come to rest anytime soon. What he said, that was definitely— something your mind could just wrap up and put at the back.

It was all centred around this sentence currently. That felt quite awful being honest as you tried to scribble the papers with the various topics to finish your work. Yet this sentence that indicated him wanting to kiss you was weirdly creeping around in the front.

The attempt of flirting wasn't the problem. It was just this constant effort of keeping up the concentration.

That flustered feeling that made blush creep up your cheeks. Additionally, you were feeling suddenly hot and getting so distracted or rather embarrassed by that statement that you felt like your high school self.

Maybe it was the alcohol that had taken an influence on him

You tried to focus, and the next moment you drifted off in thoughts, you scolded yourself. "Focus— don't think about it." You scolded yourself. You kept your eyes on the ceiling with desperation. You slowly sank in the chair with your back

"Think about what?" A voice suddenly appeared. They revealed themselves to be someone familiar. The sound of it revealed everything.

It was Venti.

"GOD—" you exclaimed loudly frustrated. Your mind didn't process the fact right away that it was him. You had cursed under your breath angrily with yourself. There should've been more efficency.

When the face came to the light, you jumped backwards. "V-Venti." Your eyes were wide in shock. The surprise caught you off guard. You felt your heart, sink— into your chest. Just how much has he heard?

In all that shock, you fell off the chair. You had been already sitting on it loosely. You were quite flustered, your cheeks reddening as he came closer. Even if nobody would get the sight— you knew you were blushing like a mad woman. When he peaked towards you, you felt the hotter than before. Your temperature sky rocking.

When his eyes met yours, you did the next best thing that came to mind. You averted his gaze specifically. His eyes followed yours with a worried gaze.

"What are you.. doing here?" you asked, full of unsureness in your voice. Your eyes scanned him quickly with no trace of the action left. He seemed as outgoing as always, easygoing and friendly.

You sat there quietly on the ground for a moment. Feeling your heart sink. While your lungs had been working heavier under the influence of this shock.

He came over to you, which you noticed when the footsteps echoed through the room. The moment the realization met your mind, you quickly wrapped your chaotic mind up. When he came and stood right in front of you. That moment, making a clear height difference with you staying near the ground.

He held out for his hand, and you took it. The grip was firm but gentle. He pulled you up with a bit of help of yourself. The gentle smile now replaces the shock and confusion. You were glad he was here. You'd always be.. "Can I not  come to bother my friend?" he asked, chuckling as he stood in front of you like an equal.

There'd never be a huge difference between you two. It would always be the two of you. 

"No, it's alright," you confirmed. "I'm just stressed, that's all." You grinned, the smile slightly altering on his face. A worried expression was replaced of it instead.

He was hinting with his body language that he'd ask something. Were you alright? would you be alright in your own current state? The eyebags under your eyes liked to differ.

"The first tour is in a week," he acknowledged quietly. His voice trembled at the surprise. You didn't expect him to be this caught off guard by the date.

What a unique situation after all, he tended to hide his surprise or sadness.

You turned back to the desk, doing some further paperwork. The staple was only turning worse the moment new papers added up to it. However, the determination was on your side. A few post its were attached to the computer you used for work.

Venti looked at you, a smile appearing on his face. He sat on the edge of the desk, "Being bold are we.." I asked while a teasing tone accompanied me. He smirked mischievously, "Only for you, darling~" he cooed.

That moment, your cheeks reddened madly. You felt the embarrassment reveal itself physically as you had a sweat drop fall down your forehead. Your eyes drew away at the embarrassment, averting his gaze specifically.

"Stop doing that." you argued, getting caught up in a fluttered mess. Your cheeks grew hotter.

"What?" he smiled teasingly.

This was one of your last straws. A last attempt to keep calm composure in front of him. Why did he have to test it like that. Tease you in such a way that your face would redden and your body heat up as you felt embarrassment.

"This effect— embarrassing me." you replied, turning away further from him.

"Oh~ I'm embarrassing you."

"Worse." You deadpanned with an expression worse than the dead.

"Oh?" he asked teasing, pretending to be surprised with your reaction. Truth to be told over the past weeks, he enjoyed flustering you.

"You keep flustering me, and I can't concentrate." You sighed, letting go of your pen. Softly meeting the paper as you looked up to the ceiling in despair.

"Then.. I'll go." he smiled lightly.

I shook my head, "No, stay.." taking his wrist loosely.

"Alright.." he chuckled softly.