23.

————present

He took the first letter into his hands and unfolded it. As the soft paper made it's natural sounds, he smiled. The paper revealed its contents, and your heart was set free in it. Something that was rarely found these days if it were to search at the wrong place, which was sincerity and honesty

Hey best friend,
I'm gonna write this in hope of finding your adress. Also omg how can you just disappear as if you were wiped from history while it was rewriten, but kept in songs and ballads. Don't you dare to have died or something, I promised you we'd keep being friends. Please appear somehow magically or whatever :(

yours truly Y/n

He smiled, "you really wrote that?" you nodded proudly, without hesitation of expressing your feelings. A unbelievable precious moment in his heart was about to he locked in there for all time.

Part by part he started discovering all those things you've collected over the years that reminded you of him. He felt quite emotional, not sure what to say in such situation. His mind was blank, quiet and while feeling sentimental he opened another letter.

YO BESTIE! I mean Venti<3

Guess what happened. Oh oh! I got a new friend, his name is Albedo and I joined actually a club outside of my life at college. I made actually some cool friends and got to know some new people.

One of them is Bennett and the other Fischl! To funny these two, but I also adored their sense of living into fiction. Like omg it was so amusing in a wholesome way to talk with them about some of the books we've been reading. Fischl went on with her favorites.

Ah and I met a boy who is totally new to learning our language and I even got to know his adoptive mother, Lisa she's super nice and a bit flirty sometimes ig, but I don't mind! Hehe I just wish I could tell you in person. I just miss you very deeply, my friend.

Yours truly Y/n.

He was feeling more and more happy but also mixed with some sad and confused feelings as it made him upset that you weren't able to reach him. It was the light reaching out for the darkness. Something that was simply not able to be found ever.

Hi, hello

College life has been holding me on my two feet.

Almost got in trouble that one time.. when... I was oversleeping. I have friends and also some good old hobbies here, but even though that everything is in place, I simply feel-, no I know something is missing.

It's quite obvious to me, I'm not oblivious to it. The one thing that is missing or rather it's a someone who is. That happens to be you, why can you not stop roaming around in my head? I just want you back around or at least in a proximity where can physically reach out for you. I just terribly miss you and wish we'd be here together.

However I hope your doing well in your life. That everything goes as planned and that I'll be able to see you again one faithful day.

sweet and hopeful wishes Y/n

His heart felt sort of better knowing you thought about him back then as much. Sort of joy even. Those were just a small amount of the original letters. He was basically for now only going through the most important ones which you put together. Decorated with a band that kept it together, the color similar to that of his hair tips. A nice small detail.

Lastly taking put the forth letter which by far happened to be the one with importance. Once breathing in before letting his eyes meet the paper to fall over the lines as those words would put themselves together