15.

2nd pov

———present

After the nap, that didn't had a good effect on you, you dressed up in something half way decent. Going down to your office and takimg out paperwork. The moment you found yourself deeply focused on your work— you almost didnt notice the sound of the voice.

Another one.. this time your head snapped up. The trance laying in the focus was loosened.

The moment that someone knocked on the door, you recognized the gentle sound of the fist meeting the door. Similar to a certain pattern.

"Hey it's me—" they called, it was Venti's voice. He sounded sweet and happy, weird that he was willing to get along with you right now.

After sitting in the office for a while with him, asking questions and finding out the schedule for the idol you made notes. You had finished filling out his papers for the database.

He was about to go, but you had stood up to put the papers away in a container, so you took the chance of apologizing now or never.

"Venti— I— uh.. don't go yet please." for you it was even hard to start. Your voice cracked uncontrollably as you sorted your vocabularies. Trying to find the right order how to make it the least unpleasant for both parties.

"I'm gonna talk to him today or tomorrow.."  you said to Kazuha a day ago. And that was stuck in your small but complicated mind.

"I well, how do I start.." you said, drifting off into some quietness. You looked up turning your head right to him, to face him and glance in the eyes filled with hurt. Those green— emerald similar eyes who didn't deserve any of those feelings caused by you. Which was cause he shouldn't have been the individual to be hurt.

You held your hands together, clinging onto them tighter and tighter with every second passing. Where you didn't take the chance to begin. The nervous sensation and its effects that caused your feelings to go fly around were the worst.

"I wanna genuinely apologize. I am sorry that I wasn't able to keep contact with you or be a good best friend, when I started visiting college. I never intended to hurt you, but things just went horribly wrong— and I just didn't know how I should start a conversation. Out of one days turned two out of two a week and so on."

There it was half of the truth. Actually it was the truth, but you were not sure yet if he'd believe you the whole story.

"I'm aware of that and I felt very hurt. I just couldn't bare my favourite person leaving me.
You stopped contacting me even when I tried to keep it up still.  After a while it went just how I thought it would go, that made me feel bad cause you promised it wouldn't go like that." He said sounding disappointed.

"I know— but, I'm here to apologize." In that moment you left out something that would've made him feel guilty.

"Well thank you, but I'm not risking to get hurt another time soon." he mumbled, you nodded understanding his feelings. You wouldn't pressure him into accepting or set a stupid ultimate decision he had to decide over. That's fine, what you weren't aware off to complete thrpe circle was that he was abandoned by everyone.

"I— Venti I'll be honest now. Completely, I know this is probably the worst decision, but are you willing to hear me out?" you asked him the moment he replied with a faint yes.

"You sure?" you reassured his decision. He nodded silently sitting down.

You sighed, "where do I start?" you said out loud as you thought about it. It was more of a thinking out loud situation.

Taking a deep breath beforehand before you actually started talking,
"So first off, it was true that I has a hard time there, but its actually a bit Okay so my phone went suddenly missing. I kept it like a treasure you know, cause it was my way communicating with you. And my favourite person, the one I was distanced from— the fact I lost that way that one fate filled day was awful. I've felt bad and tried contacting anyone who could've had it." You explained every sentence with a hurt leaving feeling. Hearing your voice crack sounded awful.

"Couldn't you afford a new one?" he asked while you paused before continuing, "I mean I am aware that it is not possible for everyone, but you seemed rather well off with your savings." You shook your head in denial. Your heart sank at his words. "No I, well— let me continue with this: my mother she has suffered from cancer up to this day." you continued, you spoke it out loud for the first time. That she had to keep such a burden. For a long time, that was close to awful.

His eyes went wide, "Has suffered? Did she—?" even he hesitated saying it out loud.

"No but she has been in the hospital since 3 years in repeating medical treatment." you said, while your voice started to shake more heavily— tears build in your eyes which you dried by pulling your arm over them.

"I had the luck of a scholarship and spend my free days working and paying off debt, however without the help of Alice mother of basically one of my non blood related family members who aided me a hand or two it would've been harder. As well as Gold the mother of one of my best friends, Albedo who was the director of the part time job of mine without who it would've been harder." You stopped holding your breath.

A small smile appeared on your face, a hint of hurt was there. "This isn't about my life though. It's about why I stopped contacting you. My phone was reseted by someone who stole it after it appeared again. The SIM card was lost. My ideas of contacting you failed-, your social media and adress were nowhere to be found. So I felt awful and sorrow in my heart for leaving you hanging."

"Oh my god, Y/n I'm so fucking sorry— I thought you blocked me everywhere—" he tried to finish he sentence, but you shushed him. Placing the point finger on his mouth.

"It's fine really, how could you have figured that out by yourself? I just wanted to be honest with you." you smiled as if nothing happened. Sweet and happy so innocent. Still the same, you've been burdened with so, so much.

You looked him in the eyes and smiled. Took his hands and embraced it in yours. You held on them a bit tighter but it was still recognizable as a very gentle grip.
"I'm not here to ask for another chance. If you even would grant me one, but that is not the point. I deserve this and am here to apologize so that you can move on with it further or however you wanna call it."

"You didn't deserve any of that, but thank you for respecting my feelings, I am sorry as well for not thinking of you better. I've tried contacting you all the time but thought you ignored me." he stated, with a hurt voice.

"I- of course do I take them in considerstion! that's important after all and basic human decency in this situation."

"Are we at least for the groups sake okay—?" You asked him unsure. "Of course only if you didn't like the apology— then I can prove you wrong as long as you let me. But I ask in no way of a second chance as it's not what I should do right now— maybe never. I just wanna show you even if we're only acquaintances, that I would even then not further disappoint you even though it was never my intent—"

He looked at you, "Y/n.." your name was sweet words out of his mouth. "you're rambling," he chuckled. A smile placed on his face. "thank you, but right now I'm uncertain though I'm sure if you let it happen well then we can grow close again with a bit of change."

Referring actually to, that this time the two friends were hoping that they would work everything out and grow old together.

——✧・゚: ★,。・::・゚☆
RAINEE's NOTE;
I'll probably disappear for a while now since school starts on monday. But I'll come back with lots of anemo boy fics HAHAH >:D