5.

——present

social media
+ real life

[ 2nd pov ]

As the sun rose in the morning, you had already found yourself outsmarting the first sun rays peeking through your window. It was a strange concept to stay up early as a night owl, but whenever you were anxious, you came back to the roots of your coping strategy. There was this thought that if you were productive, you could shake off that anxiety.

After two hours, to be exact, you ate your favourite meal at breakfast you hadn't in a while. You deserved that treat, you thought. With all the anxiety  you'd have to face in the future still.

You turned to the bathroom to clean yourself and fetched a formal attire. The cause of that was rather simple: You received some nights ago a well-written email, which had information about the job interview in it.

And that happened to make you stay up this early, to be really prepared—not just chaotic for once. A try of making things perhaps better for once, outsmarting the magnet of problems caused by stress and creating a new fundamental layer of organisation.

You were excited for the chance, but even more nervous. Today was just how the email described that job interview. You were trying to stay optimistic despite the concerns in the back of your mind. After all, it was only the beginning of getting the first "real job" life had in a grip ready for you.

When you stood in the bathroom for a final time before the interview, you closely inspected all the imperfections in the mirror you spotted and noted the way your hair was neatly taken care of. As you adjusted the last button on your blouse, hope stirred up in your chest that you wouldn't look like an utter chaotic disaster.

You had to remind yourself that the way you perceived yourself wasn't the same way others did. It simply would be the first impression, what could go wrong... right?

Surely, the day wasn't going to be that bad. There was a chance that this person was not your old friend, who you happened to be in love with. Which you had openly admitted years ago to yourself at least.

That day, when you glanced in the mirror, you nodded, taking a deep breath followed by a big grin. "Believe in yourself, Y/n. You're great at this stuff, habr confidence.. or something." you exclaimed while sweating strongly already. The attempt at boosting your cinfeident had backfired. Oh boy, what had you gotten yourself into?

Now, the first thing when panicking was to text your amazing best friend Albedo. Taking out your phone from your pocket, you released a sigh of relief when you saw his notification.

< | Chalkboard :D

Chalkboard :D
Are you awake?

bestie y/n
Albedo, I've been
awake since past 5

Chalkboard :D
Using no nickname?

What have you done
to my best friend Y/n 🧐

bestie y/n
I'm not in for jokes
right now.. sorry

I'm just so nervous AHHHH I could scream for real, but that would just y'know? get people's attention on me

Chalkboard :D
I am here to solve your problem :)