38.

When the day ended, the sun set into the horizon to paint the sky with cosy colours of orange, pink, and red. As they blended in with each other, the streets grew colder. With a layer of a thin breeze accompanying you two. Their path felt longer in the dark.

The couple scrolled through the streets, holding their hands with their fingers intertwined and embracing the tingling feeling. He caressed your knuckles with his thumb as his eyes shot up a few times to where you were walking beside him.

Suddenly, a small figure jumped out, making your heart skip a beat. When you opened your eyes to trail back to where the figure came out from, you spotted a black cat. One with sharp yellow eyes and silky fur.

She stared at you with wary, her pupils dilated when she spotted Venti. He was crouching down. A smile on his face reached a hand out for the cat to become familiar with.

At first, she seemed reluctant and confused, tilting her head sideways, but then she purred at the caressing of her forehead.

Venti began to rub his nose, and the loose cat hair that circulated in the air caused a strong sneeze attack. His emerald green orbs became teary-eyed. Your dismay set in when Venti began to sneeze. You looked at him, with your eyes on him and nothing else. Your fingers curled around his wrist. With light force, you managed to lift him toward his feet with his support.

"Get away from that cat, you idiot!" you laughed, with a hint of worry when you turned your eyes to him. When he reciprocated your gaze, his smile altered. A slice of an uncomfortable embrace, you took his hand and your heart sank, "don't do that again please." You mumbled when you hugged him, the fabric of his hoodie was soft and comfortable, just like the warmth surrounding him. When you cling to him, he chuckled.

"Well, the cat is cute," he argued with a smile, "and I'm your idiot," he added teasing before leaving you to follow him. You tried your best, putting a faster pace to your own not entirely thought through footsteps. Your hand reached out for what you saw in front of you which was not yet

"But I don't want you dead!" you exclaimed, panting from the lack of air in your lungs was used to reach him. As it ran out, there was a stinging hot sensation over your body. While the lack of oxygen seemed like suffocation as your body hungered for air. He possessed speed and stamina in him that you couldn't match, even on a walk. One of the few downsides of being a less trained individual compared to the idol boyfriend whose job it was to be in the best shape.

"I appreciate the concerns, my love. But you must admit, that cat was too adorable not to pet." he snickered quietly, shoving his hand in front of his mouth. The sound awoke curiosity your eyes shot towards it.

A snarky signature smile was shot your way. A little grin curled on your lips when you got a peak of him. His dark ash-like hair with . dipped tips was beautiful in the illuminating moonshine.

The moment you got a hold of him, was when you reached the front door of the shared home from the group.

As soon as you put your first steps into the door, rain poured down and hit the windows, leaving a loud pounding.

You went with Venti to his room, to look at some old memories. As the hours went on, passing with the rain they talked and exchanged many topics while cuddling closely together.

When it became late you pondered whether or not it was time to leave. You gazed at Venti who was considering the same. His green eyes stuck with your gaze as his fingers intertwined with yours. A smile came to his face, a sign of an upcoming joke. Perhaps teasing you. "As my manager," he started looking at you with his doe-shaped eyes, "I want you to go—" For a second your heart sank significantly as he paused, a dramatic pause for the effect to make your breath hitch.

"As my friend, I would like to hug you—and as my girlfriend, I want to ask if you'd like to sleep beside me today" he smiled, he knew that the thunder weather despite being beautiful, was loud, and sometimes that made chills run down your spine. Company in that weather would always be drawn with benefits. You bit on your cheek, considering to stay.

"I'd love to." you nodded, hugging him, "so just like all the sleepovers we've had before?" you chuckled. A hum of agreement followed after an impactcul silence.

"That would be great!" he exclaimed, tickling you. You laughed and laughed until your stomach was in pain. The emptiness in your stomach was accompanied by a breathless sensation when your lungs felt like collapsing. You cried out in defeat, giving up your upper hand.

"I give up! I give up!" you laughed out of breath.

"That's the best answer~" he teased playfully, kissing you on the neck and making you giggle.

——✧・゚: ★,。・::・゚☆
RAINEE's NOTE;
ISTG this chapter was one of the few reasons I got this far, I wanted to write this one certain scene that I came up with. Rather the specific sentence about Venti "as my manager.. as my friend.. girlfriend I want you to.." etc, etc y'all get the point, but it's so nice to see that this is one of my longest and best projects smh so far. Like personally because much growth went in here and it's not even done but I'll see if I reach as many chapters as I estimated.

Do y'all still have break? And is anyone just as excited about Fontaine because of the possibilities of the folklore??? (Personally, for me that's it besides the awesome style and characters.)