22.

// implied past self harm, mention of self harm, scars and accidents

———present

After all of the events from that last week, you had taken the decision doing in your hands.

You took a box filled with special things. This would be carried in your arms and taken care of until you'd meet with him and trust him with those to go through together.

"Hey Venti—" in vain, the voice drowns in the darkness. The hallway revealed soon after a figure familiar to your eyesight.

"Oh Y/n—"  he said surprised, his eyes softened. On his lips placed a calming smile.

Behind him out of the shadows was one person that caught him off guard. His shoulders tensed when he felt the presence. A young woman breaking into the moment. "Excuse me? could you bare a second, it's important."

"Uh.. of course." he smiled burdened. "I'll see you later Y/n" his gaze separated from you looking like he wanted to disappear from what would come next. There was fear placed in his eyes. Quite literally as he suspected something serious to talk about. You didn't slow down as you went past these two.

Accidentally overhearing something which were the words: “I like.. you

You held in your tracks, jealousy didn't take you over, but exactly that moment made you freeze in time. You couldn't move, but wanted to. Not risking to make your head hurt from overthinking.

Scratching the back of his head as he lowered it. A sigh departed from his soft so sweet lips. His voice delivering only the words one would avoid to use. As it sounded straightforward. "I'm sorry, I dont feel the same, but there's also something for me to deal with as I'd like to focus on making my friendship with an old friend grow to it's old glory."

Oh so it wasn't exactly perfect and way of a wrong point to present him all those things now. It would be awkward as the letters contained topics close to confessing. Which as of today weren't the same case anymore. Of course you did cherish him much— very much, but it was more important for you to regain his trust to make him feel secure because you wanted to make things better. Not with a single backhanded thought though.

You made your leftover steps to the office that you've called yours for a while and rested there. For the while being you got to your senses when you were about to change into a different shirt.

A surprising knock violently taking you back. With almost a sense of shock going towards the door.

Crack, you opened the door. A surprised face meeting the other "Oh Venti—" not expectingthat kind of emcounter couldn't describe it even halfway. A sigh coming up out of sudden as concern overcame that he did something.

"What brings you here at evenings time?" A question landing like a dagger in the heart as it sounded so calm which you never wanted it to be.

He smiled putting his pointer finger on the lips. Winking to you with the right eye.

"Do I need a reason to visit my old friend?" He almost wanted to add best, because it just sounded right, but realistically there was no need to rush especially not wanting it to come off weird.

You shook your head. Reluctantly opening the door as you still only wore a bra. "No, no that's not it.. I was just taken by surprise." you mumbled, rubbing your temples.

He roamed, "Ohoh you and surprised, yeah sure—" a smirk playfully ran down his lips.

You looked at him annoyed, "I was literally," emphasizing the last word clearer than glass. Another side note added to the small chat.  "Also I forgot to change my shirt." your eyes drew towards him as if there was something in the air.