chapter 29: The trip and the tale

^ this chapter takes place 2 days after the events of the last chapter^

^ the idea for the 'legend of the lost river treasure' story is from nopenottoday-yay  Thanks for the idea!!!!^

*Louis' pov*

'Everyone is informed of where to be and when to be there, now all that's left is to get myself there.' I think as we all lode into the plane and get everything situated. After about 20 minutes we're in the air and everyone but Della is standing around a crate with the book and the mostly ok map. "Alright, let's go over the legend one more time so everyone knows it.". Webby says, clearly to Violet and Lena who only got a brief talk over. "Ok so this is the legend of the lost river treasure!"

*3rd person's pov*

"The year is 1872, a 10 year old boy named Leo is the center of attention in the small town of Greenwoods. He was believed to be blessed by the gods with visions of the future, but he didn't think of himself as blessed. Leo was always getting asked things and forced to give visions even when he didn't want to or didn't have the energy to. His mother always made everyone pay, he was her way of getting money for free, and she didn't care for him much passed that. At 16 Leo was so done with taking visions and paying the price when they were bad that he took everything of value in his mother's much too large house plus all the money she got from using him and ran off."

Webby makes a dramatic hand swipe as she ends the beginning of the story, clearly trying to be dramatic.

"After running for hours in the dead of night he finally stumbled into a cave, but no ordenay cave. This cave seemed to be calling to him, it was luminating blue light as he wandered deeper into the cave, seemingly in a trance like state. After just a few minutes of walking he found a beautiful river surounded by anything he could possibly want! His happiness about the situation didn't last long as he soon found out the price for everything, he was always haunted by whispers of the village people asking their questions and angrily yelling. He also soon refused to look or even touch the rive, never seeing his own reflection but instead several distorted faces of people he truly cared about that he left behind. All the village kids who never asked for visions, his only friend Amy that was always looking out for him. He supposedly drowned in the river and now haunts the cave, looking for someone to take his place in the cave." The teen girl finally finished, almost whispering the last line. 

*Louis'pov*

'Wow that was over dramatic!' I think as I roll my eyes and fake a smile. I've just got to sell this for long enough to get out of here. Once we get to the river connected to the supposed place I can start the plan!

Hey kiddos sorry for the short chapter and the long break, had a lot going on and I'm kinda at a writers block. Any ideas for this book helps so please leave comments! I also have a multifandom oneshot book so if you want to request a DuckTales oneshot go for it! Love you all! ~Ryan♥️

 Any ideas for this book helps so please leave comments! I also have a multifandom oneshot book so if you want to request a DuckTales oneshot go for it! Love you all! ~Ryan♥️