Chapter 18: Sarcasm and Answers

*Louis' pov*
Dinner was pretty short, on account of everyone wanting to find out where we're going. 'Wonder if I can get out of this if I get grounded.' I think as I catch another glare from Lena. She is walking not to far in front of me next to Webby and Violet. We finally reach the living room, Scrooge and Della are already here waiting for us. 'I'll have to be careful on this adventure, especially if Lena and Violet are coming with us. It's to early to plan a proper escape.' "So what's our next adventure Uncle Scrooge?" Dewey says excitedly. I honestly don't understand why he's so excited, we literally get nothing out of these 'adventures'. Plus it practically always ends in us risking our lives for a treasure we'll never see again! "Well lad, we're going to a small island southwest of South America called MacGuffin island. Legend has it a powerful sorcerer hid a powerful stone in the deepest part of the most feared forest on the island. The emerald is commonly called 'The stone of lost souls', and was used to capture strong and restless souls. But of course with that great power there was a lot of people after it." Scrooge starts before Della jumps in. "So to protect the delicate balance between our world and the spirit world the sorcerer created an underground temple to protect the stone. But everyone that's ever entered the forest has never been seen again!" She finishes, being really over dramatic. Everyone else seemed interested, but I'm honestly kinda bord. 'So the legend about Alex the sorcerer huh, left out half the story though.' I think, remembering the several books I've read about him. "That's all you know huh?" I respond in a sarcastic tone. "That's all the book says, why lad? Do you know more about the legend?" Scrooge says with fake interest. "Yes, I do actually." I respond, leaning on the door frame. "Then why don't you tells us!" Della says, giving me a smile. I roll my eyes before responding. "The sorcerer's names was Alex, last name unknown, he also had a Daughter named Alice. He had found Alice running away from someone. But just after she turned 17 she was murder by one of Alex's enemies. In his grief he created the stone to talk to her one more time. Unfortunately he wasn't quite ready to let go yet and trapped her in the stone. As word got around rumors spread that the stone could be used to control spirits. Now being chased, and not sure if the stone could be used for such a evil thing, he fled to the forest. The forest is now referred to as 'Dead man's forest', mostly because of no one coming back, but at the time the hole island was mostly forest except one small town with only 200 people. He set his daughter free and built the temple, visiting the small town for supplies as needed. But eventually he stopped returning and was supposedly dead. Legend says his restless soul is the last obstacle before the stone." I finish, looking up from the ground. Everyone's face showed surprise or shock, all except Scrooge's, his face was shoved in the book he was holding earlier. "How do you know all that?" He asks, finally looking up at me. I fought the smug smile trying to make it's way on my face. "Had nothing better to do before I left. You know, on account of always being grounded." I respond with slight sarcasm. Della seems to have taken it a little personally, not that I give two shits. "But how did you find the rest of the story and legend?!" Scrooge says, giving me a confused look. "Guess I just have access to better books than you." I respond, letting the smug smile finally show. "Sure lad." He says, almost like he didn't believe me. Everyone else still seems surprised, kinda starting to piss me off. 'I know I pretended to be stupid but they really thought I was that stupid!' I think as I decided to break the silence. "Cool, so what will it take to get 'grounded' so I don't have to go?" I ask, sarcasm still clear in my voice. "You're going with us whether you want to or not lad." Scrooge says in a stern voice, snapping out of his slight trance. "We leave in a week." He says as the others start talking and asking questions. I take this as my que to leave, walking back towards my room. I grab my phone and call the one person that might make this trip tolerable. "Hey mom, how would you like the chance to annoy Scrooge?"

Hey kiddos! So hopefully the next chapter will be up soon, not quite sure yet! But I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I love you all and thanks for reading! -Ryan❤

Editor-Hey kiddos! I checked over it and it looked good. Bye!🖤