Chapter 26- notes and 'home'

^this chapter takes place a few weeks after the last^

*Chloe's pov*

'Junk, Junk, Bill, Junk, huh?' I think while looking though the mail. "Why is this in a green envelope?" I said, gaining the attention of the kids. "Open it and find out!" Avery said, clearly meaning to be sarcastic but had a detestable amount of interest in their voice. "Ya ya ya." I respond tearing the top of the envelope, being careful not to mess up any of the contents. I froze when I saw the name on the flashcard. "Louis" I whisper gaining everyone's attention once again. "What!" All 3 kids in the room yelled as they ran towards me. "What does it say!" Jason quickly asked snapping me out of my slight trance like state. "It looks like there's a note for each of us, and some other ones to." I answer, shuffling threw and handing the kids their respective cards. Setting down the extra cards from Stardust and the folded paper labeled 'Mr. k'  I looked at my card and read what was on the front.

'Chloe Gold'
Hey! So Im sure there's a lot of emotions with seeing this letter but just wanted to catch you up on a few things! So for starters Im ok, I guess, and I have a new interesting partner that has the resources to get me out of this hell hole and back home. I've written down weak points in the defenses and anything I thought would be useful. But anyway, hope you're doing well, I miss you guys so much! But I'll hopefully be able to see you soon! Anyway Im running out of space but I love you <3'

"He's ok at least...." I say under my breath as I pick up the letter from, I guess, Mr K.

'Hello miss Gold, I do hope this letter finds you well. I understand that you work with Louis O'gilt, who I would like to hire for a task. He told me you where able and willing to help get him out of his current predicament, with the right tools. I am able to get you want you need, my number is below call me if you're interested in working together.
Best regards,
Mr K
***-***-****'
'So an ally huh.' I think as I hand to note to the kids, who were patiently waiting. "So we have some information on the manner and the family's weaknesses. Plus a way to get resources, now all we need is a plan and good timing." I say, all the kids nodding. I take the note back and dial the number, using the extra phone we use for 'work'. "Yes hello." ...... "Can you tell Mr K it's miss Gold."

^week-ish later^
*Louis' pov*

'Hopefully those notes reached them, I can't stand being here for much longer.' I think, picking at my plate. Yet another dinner with this family. I sent out my latest notes through Miss Ava, convincing the Mcducks that she was an old friend. Della took my book, not aloud to have my phone for music, Huey keeps looking over at me, Dewey is nonstop talking with his mouth full, Webby is going on about some legend with Scrooge. This is becoming to normal, Im starting to lose it! I need to get out of here, hopefully my latest scheme will be done soon. Unfortunately I needed outside help for this scheme, so I have to wait. Plus Investigator Deen is coming to check on me tomorrow afternoon so that's fun! Ya Im losing it. I get up from my set, immediately catching Huey's attention, leaving my almost completely untouched plate on the table. "What's wrong Louie....is, Louis?" He asks, everyone now looking at me. "Not hungry, just going to go back to my room. Maybe take a power nap so I can stay up for another 2 weeks, maybe call my mom because Im bored, haven't decided yet." I respond walking out of the room. Clearly my first option may have concerned them but I don't care enough to concern myself though. I went up to my room and locked the door, putting the soundproof spell over my room, something I've started doing absent mindedly. Flopping onto my bed I up out the flip phone from the hiding spot in my mattress, easy to charge while still being hidden. My old phone is sitting next to me on my pillow, locked and almost forgotten about. I unlock the flip phone to see a message from Miss Ava.

'The latest notes have been delivered, though you would want to know. Also about your scheme the fake book and legend are almost done, it should be planted in a few days.'

'Fucking awesome!'

'Great to here, the investigator is coming by tomorrow so that will be taken care of, and thanks for letting me know.'

My old phone buzzes to life next to me, falling off the pillow and landing on the mattress next to me. I look at the caller Id to see it's mom!

"Hey mom!"
"Hey Sharpie!"
"What's up?"
"Nothing much just bord. Long day today."
"Oh? Why was it long?"
"Eh, todays the day my niece ran away after my sister died."
"Ohhh, you said that way to calmly."
"It was years ago, I've learned to move on."
"Fair enough, other than that, how have you been?"

^4 hours later^

"Well you should probably get at least SOME sleep." Mom said, yawning after. "You sound like you need it more." I respond, trying not to yawn.

"Ya ya ya, goodnight kiddo, love you." "Goodnight mom, love you too."

Hey kids! Hope you like this chapter! So I have a question, Im using a different editing technique, do you prefer the new or the old? Anyway mom Goldie! Love you all hope you enjoyed! ~Ryan ♥