Chapter 16: The Book

^ This chapter takes place 3 hours after the last.^

*Louis' pov*
'I should probably leave the library, I've been in here for most of the day.' I think as I get up and put a few books away. 'Hopefully I can find a way out soon, it's only been 6 days and I'm starting to lose my mind!' I've been staying in between my room and the library, trying to avoid everyone else. I would try to call the others to help me escape, but all my calls are being monitored. I'm not sure if it's Deen or someone in the manner but it's annoying! I don't trust Gyro enough to even ask, and I haven't had a chance to talk to him anyway. I finally arrive at my room, only to see Scrooge standing by my door. 'Oh great!....' I think as I reach my door, standing next to Scrooge. "Louie." He says in a serious tone. I simply roll my eyes, already annoyed. "It's Louis." I respond, managing to keep the emotionless tone I've been using for almost a week. "Lad..." He says, clearly trying to restrain his anger. I really don't know why he can't just call me Louis. "Ya need to spend more time with the rest of us and less time in ya room and the library." He says, his serious tone never faltering. "Spend more time with your family." He finishes, a slightly less serious tone. "Thought family was nothing but trouble." I say as I finally step into my room, closing the door before he could respond. I hear him mumbling something as I hear him walk way. 'Webby must have said something.' I think as I lock my door and soundproof my room. 'Now what the hell is this book....' I think as I pull the small book out of my pocket. Taking a close look at the book the green almost perfectly matches the dark green of the face mask I usually wear. 'Weird......' I think as I open the book, deciding to see what it actually is. The pages didn't look to old, but it kinda looked like a notebook of some sort. It seems to have 3 section, the first part has maps and notes of all different kinds of place, most I don't recognize. It does have a detailed map of Duckburg and some notes. 'Interesting....' I think as I flip to somewhere around the middle of the book. It seems to have spells and notes and sketches. That's what interests me the most. The last group of pages are blank, probably never finished. "Who would have put this here? It's not Lena or Violet's, nor Webby's, the handwriting doesn't match. No one else in the manner would have a reason for spells and maps.... So who was it and why?" I think out loud, looking closer at some pages.

*3 hours later*
I was pulled out of my thoughts by a knock at my door. "Louis! Dinners ready!" I here an all to familiar voice call. " I'll be down in a second Della!" I respond after dropping the soundproofing. I swear she haunts my every day in this manner. I quickly hid the notebook in my desk drawer and leave the room. I slowly make my way downstairs, hoping I won't run into the others. 'Who left the notebook, and for that matter was I suppose to find it? I still haven't found any clues to who they are, but hopefully they reveal themselves sooner rather than later. Question is are they friend or foe...'

Hi kiddos! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've got a lot of things going one and then I left the notebook I write my rough draft in at my father's and wasn't able to get it back until today. But here it is and I hope you enjoyed it! I love you all and thanks for reading! -Ryan❤

Editor-Hi kiddos! I checked over the chapter and it looked great! Bye!🖤