Chapter 9: Mcduck manner

*????'s pov*
"Sir it appears the Duck family now has Louis." "Slight change in plans, nothing to major though." "Should I continue watching him?" "Yes, but be careful, the Duck family doesn't need to know who we are yet." "Yes sir."

*Louis' pov*
'Shit my head hurts!' I think as I slowly sit up. While the lights are off the sunlight pouring through the window is still quite bright. I can finally see well enough to look around. It only takes me a few seconds before I recognize the room I'm in. 'No! NO! NO! Not here, not again!' I think as I recognize the room as my old bedroom. I quickly check the window to find it's locked.... With a padlock..... On the outside... Kinda feels like overboard to me but whatever. I notice a note and a green hoodie sitting on my old desk. "Ya I'm not wearing that." I say as I throw the green hoodie on the floor, completely ignoring the note. "What in the..." I think as I notice a black box tightly strapped to my leg. It seems to have a place to swipe a card, probably to get the stupid thing off. 'I'll leave it on until I get answers, then I'll find a way to get it off.' I think, picking the note up to read it.

'Get dressed and come downstairs please, I promise we'll answer any questions you have as best we can! - Della/mom'

'Ok one, she's not my mom. Two, I'm still not wearing that hoodie. And three, damn right I'm getting answers.' I think as I walk over to my closet, looking through some old hoodies I had hidden in the back. 'This should do.' I think as I find a black hoodie, it's a little oversized but not by much. I put a plain black shirt on under the hoodie and make my way downstairs. As I reach the last step before I would be visible to anyone in the foyer I take a deep breath in. 'Time to face the people I once trusted.' I think as I breath out and take the final step, now at the top of the last stairway to the foyer. "Louie!" Webby calls, being the first to notice me. She was running at me, clearly wanting to give me a hug or maybe just beat the shit out of me. Neither seemed appealing so I put my hands in my pocket and cast a small spell. As Webby hit the second stair she tripped, quickly recovering, but no longer running at me. "A. It's not 'Louie' it's Louis." I start, everyone else now looking at me. "And B. Don't touch me please." I say, keeping a unreadable tone the whole time. "O-oh.... Sorry... Louis...." Webby says, backing up some, now standing between to Huey and Dewey. "Lad!" Scrooge says in a very pissed tone, clearly about to lecture me. "Louie you nee-" Della tries to stop Scrooge by telling me herself, but I quickly cut her off. "It's Louis, and I don't need a lecture." I say, the same dead tone as before. "Now who are you?" I asks, pointing to the person by the door. They seem to be in their late 20's, and definitely the person that helped kidnap me. "You can call me investigator Deen." They reply, voice drained of even the littlest bit of emotion. "Cool, next were is my phone?" I ask, hoping I didn't lose it. "The only phone we have is your old one... Sorry hun." Della responds much to my dismay. Mrs.B hands me my old phone and then walks back to stand with the others. "Ok, what is this on my leg?" I ask, gesturing to the black box. "It's a tracking device, as well as a shock 'collar'. If you leave outside the set area then it will shock you every 10 seconds you stay out of the set area." Deen respond, face as dead as a corpse. "Ok, thank you for telling me. But why do I have to stay here?" I asks, honestly kinda confused. "Wel-" Deen started before Della budded in. "Because you're part of our family." She says, a small, clearly sad, smile on her face. 'She really doesn't care about all the pain and trouble this whole family has caused me does she?!' I think as I sigh slightly. "I'll address that in a second, but please continue Deen." I say, facing Deen once more. "Well, we also suspect you have something to do with the 'phantom thieves' gang. So count yourself lucky they're taking you in." Deen says, a little venom dripping into his words toward the end. "Ok, one, no idea what the phantom thieves are. And two-" I turn so I'm facing the Duck family. "I'm not a part of your family." I say turning around to leave. "Lad if you want to ever be a part of this family then you need to stop this nonsense!" Scrooge yells at me, I laugh lowly as I turn around so I'm facing the others once again. "If I wanted to be a part of this 'family' then I wouldn't have left in the first place." I say turning back around but not moving. "Oh and Della." I say, getting a sad sounding hum in responds. "Don't call me Hun, I'm not one of your kids." I say, now making my way towards the room I'll be staying in for a while.

*3rd person's pov*
The Duck family just stood in the foyer, none know how to react. Even though they were frozen in shock a lot of emotions were felt around the room. Fear, sadness, anger, but one thing everyone was feeling in one form or another was pain. After loosing their youngest member for over a year,  when they finally get him back he doesn't want to be there. There was one strong emotion Della was feeling, and even if no one else could or even wanted admit it, they all felt it. Guilt.

Hey childrens! Hope you like this chapter! I had fun writing it, hope it has enough angst for you! Anyways, thanks for reading! -Ryan❤

Editor-Hey childrens!  It's me again!  I recently got spicy snacks for editing!  Thank you for reading!  Bye!🖤

Here's what Deen looks like! (Also the ?????'s pov from chapter 7 is Deen!)