Chapter 3: The Scheme

*3rd person's pov*[hey look a pov that isn't Louie's!]

"Alright Lads and Lasses are you ready for this adventure!" Scrooge practically yells, clearly excited. "Yes!" The kids yelled back, equally excited, as Della and Mrs Beakley nodded. "Alright then! Lets go kids!" Scrooge said as they left the house, making sure everything was packed into the van. Little did they know Louie's scheme was already in phase one.

*Louie's pov*
I look out my window to see the others laughing and talking while packing up the van, clearly excited to leave. 'Perfect! The others suspect nothing.' I think as I step back from the window before I get spotted. Phase one: wait to make sure they where gone. I sit on my bed and pull out my phone, leaving the phone scrooge got me last year abandoned on my desk. 'Might as well write a note, at least to uncle Donald and Aunt Daisy.' I think as I move over to my clean desk. Donald and Daisy are the only ones that really cared about me, unfortunately they moved St Canard when Daisy got a new location for her shop. I would go stay with them, but they would eventually send me back here. 'I should also write Goldie a note, at least thanking her for training me.' I think, grabbing another piece of paper from my drawer. I would stay with her, she would probably let me too, but with how often she runs into Scrooge and the others it wouldn't be a good idea. I write both notes and leave them on my desk, deciding to clean the last few books off and put them away.
*1 hour later*
'Ok 4:00 pm, time to start phase two.' I think as I grab an old knife, strong enough to work but not enough that I care if it gets ruined. Phase two: get the security robot and Duckworth out of the way. I pretend to be scheming to get the robot's attention, standing behind the door ready to attack. The door swings open as the robot flies further into the room, still not seeing me. I quickly shut the door, and plunge the knife into the robot's screen. I quickly catch it and guide it to the ground, not wanting to alert Duckworth. Luckily Gyro gave up on this robot about a year ago so he shouldn't know I took it down. I quickly grab a green, black, and white amulet with gold trimming off my desk. Making my way downstairs as quietly as possible I eventually reach the kitchen. The sound of running water and the slight clash of dishes tells me Duckworth is there. Taking the amulet, along with the note in my pocket, I quietly sneak up behind him. I quickly, and carefully, throw the amulet down under him. Green fog comes from the amulet, while I can't really see what was happening I know it was working. The confused screams from Duckworth and the sound of a plate shattering, along with the running water were the only sounds in the manner as the fog clears. "Sorry Duckworth but I can't have you trying to stop me or telling the others." I say as I pick up the amulet and place both it and the note next to the sink. I decide to turn off the sink, I'm a runaway not an asshole. Leave the kitchen and making my way back to my room I decide to move the robot to the corner by my closet, less of a mess in my way. After I move it I look at the time. '4:23pm, still on time.' I think as I grab the backpack now on my bed. "Artifacts? Check. Food and water? Check. Back up money? Check. Wireless chargers and charger? Check. Phone? Check. And ring?" I look over at my hand and smile slightly. "Check." As I finish making sure I have every thing I put the backpack on and look over at my window. "Might as well, at least no one should see me." I say as I open the window. My room is only on the second floor so not to bad a drop. I quickly jump out the window and land on my feet, making sure to pull up my black hoodie's hood. No one really recognizes me when I wear the black hoodie so it was perfect for this occasion. Phase three: leave town. I start my walk to the train station, keeping my head low. I know it's only about 20 minutes from the manner, so it's not that far. When I finally arrive I stop to check my phone '4:45pm, still got plenty of time.' I think, taking a deep breath. "Hey Louis is that you!" Someone yells from behind me, I tense up slightly. There are only a few people that call me Louis and fewer that would recognize me. Deciding to chance it, I turn around to see two very familiar faces. My old friends and partners in crime, Jason and Ace. "Hey.... What are you two doing here?" I ask, the two finally reaching me. They've changed some. Both look much older than they are, yet again so do I. Their style is pretty much still the same, emo. "Just needed to get some stuff." Ace replies, motioning to their backpack and a bag in their hand. "What about you Louis?" Jason asks, catching me slightly off guard. " Nothing to exciting, I was actually just leaving." I respond, giving my best convincing smile. "Ya sure." Ace responds, giving me an eye roll. "So where you heading then?" Jason asks, yet again catching me off guard. "Not sure yet." I say, deciding to be honest with them. "You could stay with us in Dawson." Ace half whispers, now closer to me. "Ya the person we've been with takes in runaways." Jason adds, clearly figuring out why I'm here. "Ya Chloe is the best!" Ace whisper yells, trying to persuade me. "I've got nowhere else to go so sure." I say as the three of us walk up to the ticket both. I decide to get the three of us tickets for a fist class rid to Dawson, less people that way. We all take our seats on the train, still having extra time before the train leaves. I take the seat closest to the window with Jason next to me and Ace on the end. "Quick question." I say, turning the the other two. "Ya?" They respond at the same time. "How did you recognize me?" I ask, the question bothering me for a while. "The mark on the back of your leg, we all have one." Ace responds, getting cut off by Jason. "The one we got while training in the dojo." He finishes for Ace. "Oh... Right." I say, I kinda forgot it was there to be honest. "So.... You got a last name? Ours is Keep." Ace says, looking over at me expectantly. "Ya it's....." I say, thinking for a moment before answering. "O'gilt. My name is Louis O'gilt." I say, more confidence in my voice as I said the last part. "Ok then Louis!" Ace responds as Jason just nods to show he understands. The train finally leaves the station, one last thought coming to mind. "Goodbye Duckburg." I whisper to myself, smiling slightly.

Hey kids! Hope you all liked this chapter! I'm super happy! We reached over 100 views! Thank you all so much!!!! So just a fair warning, the next chapter is going to be short, but chapter 5 will be much longer! So until then here's a drawing of the amulet used to trap Duckworth!-Ryan❤

Editor- hey kids!This is the editor. I'm in fifth grade and my older brother,Ryan,is older and I'M the editor!!! Bye!!!🖤

 I'm in fifth grade and my older brother,Ryan,is older and I'M the editor!!! Bye!!!🖤