Chapter 6: 6 months later

^As the title says this takes place 6 months after the events of the last chapter.^

                            *Louis' pov*
"Ok, you boys ready?" Ace's voice comes through my earpiece. "As always." I respond just loud enough for the earpiece to pick up. I can already tell Ace rolled their eyes at the comment. "Anyway, the necklace is on the 3rd floor and, as of right now, unguarded. I've already looped the cameras so no problems there. But you still need to hurry." Ace says as I look over at Jason. He nods at me slightly signaling me to go. He goes and distracts the only guard left as I sneak through one of the other doors. I knew I had to take the stairs because the guards would be using the elevators. Sticking to the shadows, I start up the staircase. A lot has happened in the last 6 months, and a lot has changed. Me and the others started a 'criminal' group, we're pretty much heisters for higher. Someone wants something they can't get, we settle on a price and get it for them. So we make money and, mostly rich, people get what they want. It's going really well so far! People are calling us 'the phantom thieves' because there's never any evidence left. Ace works as our tech and mapping, they get the cameras and alarms. Chloe is our ride, she is the only one that can legally drive after all. And me and Jason actually pull the heists, Jason mostly working as a distraction. We also have some outside help as far as tech goes, one of Chloe's old friends makes tech so he helps us out. But back to the heist! This one is.... kinda interesting. Out of everything we could steal some rich kid in New Jersey wants us to steal a necklace and she only wants the necklace too. Oh well I guess, more shit for us to sell! I finally reach the outside of the volt completely unnoticed. I whisper a few words as a light green glow surrounds me and I'm in the volt. I've learned to teleport short distances, but not very far. Looking around at all the artifacts I take a backpack off my back and start to grab the more expensive stuff. I've also learned how to make small objects invisible, as long as it's close enough it's not a problem. I finally find the necklace, it's pretty, it's got a gold chain with ruby or maybe sapphire red color stone. I put it in my bag as I leave the volt, still unnoticed. As I reach the 2nd level I decide to update the others. "I got it." I whisper just loud enough the earpiece can pick it up. "Good job stardust. Now you and moonlight need to get out." Chloe's voice came clear and calm through the earpiece. "Got it!" Jason says, clearly excited to leave. "Ya, ya, ya I know." I say, still staying quite. Chloe have nicknames for use three, I'm stardust, Jason is moonlight and Ace is sunshine. She kinda reminds me of mo- Goldie.... I honestly hope she finds me soon, I kinda miss her.As I almost reach the exit to the main room when a guard stops me. "Excuse me sir, are you lost?" He asked, a blank expression. "As a matter of fact I am, would you happen to know where the bathroom is?" I ask, keeping my cool and smiling. "Yes, down that hall on the left." He says pointing down the hall he came from. "Thank you." I say, walking towards the bathroom. "I'm going to be a few minutes late." I whisper once I'm out of earshot of the guard. "Alright stardust." Chloe says as Jason sighs and Ace just laughs slightly. "Nice save Louis." Ace comments as I roll my eyes. "Ya I know right." I say sarcastically, smugly smiling even though no one would see it. After spending a few minutes in the bathroom I left unnoticed.

                          *Della's pov*
"Mom! Can we practice flying pleaseeeeee!"
Dewey asks as he practically runs up to me. He has already got his pilot hat, that I got him for his 12th birthday, on. "Sure hun! Tell Scrooge we're leaving." I say smiling. "Ok mom! Be right back!" He yells as he runs to Scrooge's office. Ever since Louie ran away Scrooge has to know where we are at all times. He's been trying to balance family, work and find Louie, but things haven't been easy lately. At first Scrooge hired 4 investigators to find Louie but 3 have quite, so he's been stressed. It's been 6 months and still nothing! The kids have been doing better the last few months, each finding ways to deal with the change. Huey's been really focus on earning badges with Boyd. Webby's been spending more time with Lena and Violet, mostly solving mysteries and just being kids. Dewey's been learning how to fly, he's been really focused on it too. "Ok! We can go now mom." Dewey says, now next to me. I was so lost in thought I didn't even notice him come up next to me. "Alright hunny." I say, giving him a small, sad smile. Luckily he didn't seem to notice as we made our to the plane. I still can't believe how much the kids have grown up! Webby is already 15 and the boys are turning 14 in 3 months! We finally get on the plane and Dewey sits in the my usual seat, leaving the co-pilot seat for me. "You sure you're ready for that?" I ask, sitting in the co-pilot seat. "Yep! I am your son after all!" He responds giving me a reassuring smile. "Alright then hun." I say as he starts the plane and makes a practically smooth take off. I smile proudly at him as my thoughts start to drift. 'I can't believe the boys are actually turning 14 soon!.... Wish Louie could be here to celebrate with us.... I've missed enough birthdays as it is.... Hopefully we can find him before then....' I think slowly, pulling myself out of my thoughts. I decide to focus on the moment with Dewey, I'm really proud of him.

                           *Goldie's pov*
"Louis O'gilt huh." I say, looking at the most recent clue I got. 'So he is going by Louis then.' I think as I walk through Duckburg for the first time in 6 months. So he's probably part of the 'phantom thieves' then... Interesting. Everytime I get close to finding him he just disappears again! But I'll catch up to him eventually! I do know him better than anyone else, plus I tough him pretty much everything he knows! I hope he's ok though.... I'll find out when I find him I guess!! He is my son after all!

Hey kids! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Hope you all are having a good day or night or afternoon! Here's an edit of Goldie I edited! Thanks for reading! -Ryan❤

Editor-Hey kids!  Nice to see you again!  I checked the chapter and fixed the mistakes so it should be good.  Tell me if you find any others!  Thanks for reading!  Bye!  🖤

  Tell me if you find any others!  Thanks for reading!  Bye!  🖤