C54

Kang Jia lay in the hospital till night time before her fever subsided.

During this period, Kim Taehyung did not dare to leave.

“Taehyung, I’ll take care of her. Go and get some rest. You’re still injured,” Lim Min Ji said as her heart ached.

But deep inside her heart, she wanted to stab Kang Jia to death.

Why did she have to appear when her relationship with Taehyung was getting better? Why couldn’t she just die somewhere else?

Why did she have to catch a cold, have a fever and faint right where they happened to pass by?

Lim Min Ji gritted her teeth at the thought of this.

Kim Taehyung did not say a word as he frowned at her. The coldness in his eyes made Lim Min Ji feel extremely uncomfortable.

Why did Kim Taehyung treat her coldly as soon as Kang Jia appeared?

Lim Min Ji was so angry that she turned around and left the room. She felt like she would go crazy if she stayed any longer. Right now, she wanted to strangle Kang Jia to death.

After Lim Min Ji left, the doctor came over again. After a thorough examination, he confirmed that Kang Jia was out of danger.

Only then did Kim Taehyung heave a sigh of relief. He then helped Kang Jia check out of the hospital.

He remembered that she didn’t like the smell of disinfectant.

When Kang Jia woke up, the scene she saw looked extremely familiar.

Wasn’t this…

“You’re awake. Do you still remember this place?” Kim Taehyung explained.

He quickly poured a glass of warm water and helped Kang Jia sit up.

“Why am I here?” Kang Jia asked with difficulty as she felt a burning pain in her throat.

From what she remembered, she thought she heard someone calling her name.

But she couldn’t see who it was.

Kim Taehyung sighed as he looked at her with a complicated expression. “Before I was discharged from the hospital this morning, I was walking in a nearby park when I suddenly saw a familiar figure on the ground. I didn’t expect it to be you. I was…”

Kim Taehyung did not finish his sentence ‘scared’. He did not know if his worry was unnecessary.

Kang Jia drank an entire glass of water before she came back to her senses. Images kept appearing in her mind.

Everything that happened last night left Kang Jia in a daze. After a long time, she finally replied, “Thank you. I owe you one.”

Kim Taehyung’s face immediately darkened. Was his kindness a favor to her?

If it had been another woman lying on the floor today, he wouldn’t be so worried.

“No need. We don’t owe each other anything.” Kim Taehyung smiled bitterly.

Kang Jia nodded her head, not caring about Kim Taehyung’s emotions.