C42

After returning home, Lee Mi-Kyung couldn't sit still and made a lot of noise. She wanted to teach Kang Jia a lesson, but she was stopped by Lim Nam-gil.

"If Kang Jia did it, then let the police handle it. Don't worry about it. Rest when you need to, you are a wealthy wife, act like one," Lim Nam-gil advised.

Although Lee Mi-Kyung wasn't happy with his attitude, she indeed couldn't do anything about it. So, she had no choice but to call the police.

Since both of them were present, the police told them to go and take their statements.

Meanwhile, at the traffic light that they had to pass by, they bumped into Park Chaeyong.

"Hubby, Hubby, is this Park Chaeyong?"Lee Mi-Kyung's eyes lit up.

Thinking back to the photo evidence in Kang Jia's hands, their grown-up daughter seemed to be the girl in front of them.

Lim Nam-gil was also a little choked up. Although he was already middle-aged, he was too excited to say anything in front of someone who might be his daughter.

"Young lady, Wait a minute, haven't we met before?"Lee Mi-Kyung smiled gently as she opened the car door and chased after Park Chaeyong.

As the voice behind her got closer and closer, Park Chaeyong stopped in her tracks and looked over in confusion.

Even though this was Lee Mi-Kyung's first time trying to strike up a conversation, she still managed to get a strand of hair.

Park Chaeyong felt that this person was a bit strange. She didn't understand why she approached her, so she simply replied in a few words and left. She was still in a hurry to find Kang Jia. If her car hadn't broken down, she wouldn't have ended up taking a taxi on the street.

"Honey, we've successfully obtained her hair. We can do a DNA test now," Lee Mi-Kyung said expectantly. But, when she thought about Lim Min Ji, she felt a little guilty.

Now that she had completed her statement, Lee Mi-Kyung couldn't wait to find out the truth.

After all, the truth was extremely important to her.

"Mi-Kyung, Min Ji is still lying in the hospital. There's no hurry. After we see her, we can go and do a DNA test," Lim Nam-gil said helplessly as he shook his head.

He could understand what Lee Mi-Kyung was thinking. After all, as parents, their hearts were connected to their children.

When they reached the ward, Lee Mi-Kyung's anxious heart calmed down again.

Her daughter, whom she had doted on for more than twenty years, was lying on the bed like a broken doll.

Lee Mi-Kyung's eyes turned red instantly. She carefully pushed the door open and entered.

"Dad, Mom, you're here," Lim Min Ji immediately fell into character when she saw the couple enter.

The uninjured hand hidden under the blanket pinched her thigh and forced her tears to fall.

"I'm sorry. If Kang Jia didn't sow discord between us, I wouldn't have scolded her so harshly and let her lose control and ruin the marriage," Lim Min Ji blamed herself.