C26

Kang Jia had a headache. Her memories were clouded, “Mom, what happened to me? All I remember is that I was in a room, but when I woke up I ended up here.”

She looked around the hospital and was confused. Plus, her six brothers, who rarely got together, suddenly appeared in front of her. Kang Jia was curious as to what had happened.

“Silly child, there was a fire at the banquet. I don’t know why you fell asleep in the hotel room. This time, that baster Kim finally did something good,” Ha Ji-Won praised Kim Taehyung as she spoke.

If he wasn’t there, Kang Jia would have been gone!

“What does it have to do with him?” Kang Jia asked in confusion. The Kang family hated Kim Taehyung more than ever, but Ha Ji-Won actually praised him today. This confused her.

Seeing that she had completely forgotten what happened at the banquet, Ha Ji-Won told her everything she knew, “When the banquet hall caught fire, everyone rushed out. He was the only one that looked for you everywhere. He ignored the fire and rushed into the main hall to find you. When he came out, he had even placed his wet jacket on you. He acted like a gentleman!”

By the time she received the news and rushed to the hospital, Kim Taehyung’s skin was burned, and had fainted. Meanwhile, Kang Jia was covered in his wet jacket, so her skin wasn’t burned at all. She simply fainted.

This shocked Kang Jia. A dream-like image suddenly appeared in her mind, “He saved me? Where is he? How is he?”

She remembered that she was changing in her room. But, when she heard the commotion in the hall and was about to go check, she realized that the door was locked from the outside.

The fire started from the outside and soon, the heat was so strong that she couldn’t stand it. Just as she was about to suffocate, she suddenly felt a wisp of air and couldn’t remember what happened after that.

Speaking of Kim Taehyung, Ha Ji-Won felt a bit worried, “He inhaled a lot of smoke and is still unconscious.”

“Mom, save him! Oppa, save him!” Hearing that he was unconscious because he was trying to save her, Kang Jia panicked.

Seeing how worried Kang Jia was for him, her brothers asked, “Do you still...”

“No, I don’t want to owe him a favor.” Before they could finish speaking, Kang Jia immediately answered. She didn’t want to face this question.

How could she not love a man that she had been in love with for more than five years!

Even though Kang Jia did not admit her feelings for him, her brothers could feel it and get worried.

Even though Kang Sang-Cheol hated Kim Taehyung, he had saved Kang Jia this time. So, he wasn’t going to let him die. “Jia, don’t worry. It’s just a little smoke. He’ll be fine in no time.”

Kang Jia thought for a moment,

“Sang-Cheol, I’ll have Ji Eun send a card over here later. When he wakes up, can you give him this card? I think it could be a reward for saving me. I don’t want to owe him a favor,” In that bank card, there was actually the money that Kim Taehyung gave to her when they divorced. Kang Jia had not touched a single cent of it.