Chapter 37

I planned the trip to Isla de Desastre Hermoso. As I was outlining the activities we will do here. I was sure more than half of our employees will be excited to join us. I was wrong.

Hindi pa kami umabot sa isang daan. Hindi rin lahat ng pinsan ni Franco ay sumama. Marami ang piniling ipahinga na lang ang dalawang araw na dapat at palilipasin dito sa halip na gumastos.

That's understandable. We already celebrated last night, they aren't required to come with us. At kahit naman marami, hindi rin kami magkakasama sa isang lugar parati. We can enjoy if we stay in groups where formality isn't necessary.

We departed from the airport at four a.m. and we arrived here perfectly before lunch. Nagpunta na kami sa kaniya-kaniyang kuwarto. One to three persons can share one room for less expense. I took one room for me and Felize. I don't feel like sharing it with somebody else. Unless it's Franco.

"Mommy, I want to swim in the sea!"

This is her first time going to the beach. That's why she can't contain her excitement. Halos hindi na nga siya natulog sa sobrang pagkasabik. Pati ako ay napuyat kapapapikit ng mata sa kaniya.

"Yes, we will but later. We need to put on sunscreen first. Come over here."

From the big window of the room where the sea appears like an animated image, she ran to me wearing her own flamingo one piece. She has her brown shades gifted by Kennedy above her forehead.

"Why do I need to put lotion all the time, Mommy?"

"Because you will look like an apple if you don't."

Felize has sensitive skin. It gets red easily when hit by the rays of the sun. Hindi ko alam kung bakit sa lahat ng mamamana niya sa akin ay iyon pa.

"Mommy, is Spongebob here?" she asked. "He lives under the sea with Patrick and Squidward. Also, the Bikini Bottom. I want to have a Krabby Patty."

I chuckled. I can't ruin her childhood by saying they are not true. She will find it out in the future. For now, I'll let her believe they exist.

"Sure they live under the sea but it's in a different sea. Not here."

"Aw... that's sad. I want to know the Krabby Patty formula so I can make one and give it to Miguel."

"Why do you want to give it to him? You ate the cupcakes you were supposed to give him before." Parang kailan lang 'yon pero matagal na rin pala.

"Miguel isn't that annoying anymore, Mommy. I'm starting to like him but I don't think he likes me."

The side of my lips sank, wanted to pout but smiled at her. My thumb rubbed her cheeks.

"It's true. Some people can't reciprocate our feelings. We love the people who hate us. We hate the people who love us. And you may encounter a lot of them. But remember I will always be your number one fan and lover. It's okay if Miguel doesn't like you. You're still the most precious thing Mommy can have."

She pouted and clung her arms around my nape. "You're the best Mom in the world."

I beamed and hugged her. Tinapos ko ang paglalagay ng sunscreen sa kaniya. Nagtagal kami dahil ang dami niyang tanong.

We'll eat lunch before swimming but we need to unpack first. Nag-aayos ako ng mga gamit nang may kumatok sa pintuan. Felize opened the door for me.

I followed her to see who are the people outside, her Titos. They took my child with them like they were borrowing a puppy. My daughter willingly let Evo carry her. I don't know why I trust them.

Sabagay, sila ang dapat kabahan sa kalokohan ng anak ko. I shouldn't be worried about Felize. That girl was born a warrior.

I went to the shore where all the employees are after putting on the white beach dress. Ms. Bea is also here. She's the only person I know aside from Franco and his cousins.