Chapter 33

"Mommy! Daddy sent me a gift again!"

I ran after Felize when she rushed to the room to see if her 'Daddy' sent her a gift today. Just like what I expected, Kennedy went extra. The box is almost bigger than Felize.

"Careful," I said softly when she tried to put the box down from the window. It is too big and heavy for her I have to give her a hand.

The second her feet touched the ground, she can't stop jumping in glee. It's a normal thing. She had the same reaction for the passed three years.

"He took the letter I wrote last night and he left me a gift. Daddy came!" She clapped her hands. Now, sitting on the floor. "But I didn't see him again." Her face drew black and greys.

I pinched his chin to bring the yellows back. "Next time, we'll go home early. We will catch him off guard."

"Let's set a trap on my next birthday or the next holiday, Mommy, so he can't leave." She chuckled.

I beamed in agreement and took the box in front of us. "Do you want me to help you open your gift?"

"Yes, Mommy!"

It was Kennedy who sent this gift. He was responsible for making my daughter happy for the passed years. While I collect the letters Felize have written during her birthdays, New years, Christmas, and Father's days. I keep it in a safe box under the bed where she can't find it.

I let Felize open her gift after I removed the ribbon and unwrapped it a little. Excitement is all over her face. And when her lips parted, formed an 'o', and exclaimed happily, I can't help but smile. She likes it.

"Wow! This is beautiful!" She stood and jumped multiple times after seeing it's a big moon lamp. "I love it!"

Everything that's part of the solar system makes her happy. Especially the moon and stars. Ken is the best uncle slash auntie, ninong, and daddy to Felize. He knew exactly what will make her happy.

"Can I hug it, Mommy?"

"Of course, you can. Go, hug it."

She didn't have second thoughts and hugged it like how she hugs me. "You're from Daddy. I love him and I love you too. You are beautiful."

It's funny how she's genuine and sweet to almost everyone and everything but is mean to his father. I wonder what reaction she will give me when the time comes and she found out Miguel is her Dad.

"Let's place it beside your bed."

She didn't remove her gaze from it after turning it on. Even when I'm already singing her a song, she's wide awake. I had to repeat her favorite lullaby before she closed her eyes.

I am caressing her cheek when I called Kennedy.

"How was it? Did she like it?"

"She loves it, Ken. Thank you so much. What time did you get here?"

"Just before we go. Maaga pa pero wala na kayo. Kaaalis niyo lang siguro."

Kennedy has his spare key to our house. It is helpful, especially in times of emergency.

"Any tea today?" he asked after a long silence and I didn't drop the call.

"I have one."

"Oooh, spill it." Tsismosong-tsimoso siya pakinggan.

"I found out Franco doesn't have a son. Malcolm isn't his but his friend's."

He laughed. It was an amused laugh. "Why didn't you sound happy? If that's the case then it means he has no girlfriend or wife at the present. Naks, may chance ka pa," buyo niya.