Chapter 7

"It's cold," I complained when he demanded me to hold an ice pack.

"May yelo bang mainit?" He looks so done with me.

In front of me is Franco, sitting on the sofa with crossed arms. He hasn't changed his clothes yet. Funny how he resembles the man in the book. A man with tired eyes, a not-so-clean polo with a few beads of sweat on his forehead. Except that the man in the book doesn't glare.

Why do I always make him mad? At this point, I don't think it is still embarrassment. Nawalan na ata ako ng kahihiyan. Wala pa kaming isang linggo na magkasama, pakiramdam ko ay sanay na siya sa mga ganitong tagpo.

"Be careful next time. Try not to get hurt when you're in here," aniya.

Wearing a pair of puppy eyes, I looked at him feeling touched that he cares for me. Marahan kong dinadampi ang bimpong may yelo sa bukol sa likuran ng ulo.

"Ayokong makulam." He ruined the conclusion I created inside my head.

Come on, Era. Why did you think he cares? He is just dealing with you because he has no choice. What are the hopes for? He's in love with someone else.

"Do that until the ice is melted or for at least twenty minutes, " aniya.

"I know, I have learned it in high school."

"Sana alam mo ring umupo nang maayos nang hindi ka napapahamak. Baka ako pa ang mapagbintangan. That I am hurting the one and only Princess Aurora."

Umikot ang mata ko. "I am not a sumbungera. If that's what you are trying to say."

"I am looking forward to your words this time, Ms. Legazpi." He loosened up his tie and removed his coat.

I don't know why he has to do that in front of me. I feel my cheeks getting red for no reason or is it just a stomach gas? I must be crazy to find him hot when tired.

I faked a cough to clear my throat, my thoughts I should say.

"What were your reading?" Dumako ang paningin niya sa libro sa lamesa.
He tilted his head so he can read the title but I covered it using my foot before his hand could reach it. Nag-angat siya ng tingin sa akin.

"No touching rule," paalala ko sa kaniya.

He did not feed my tease and gave up. He sank back to his seat and kept on watching me treat my head.

"Since you mentioned the rule. Let's talk about more rules." His eyes averted to the kitchen, telling me that the sink is full. "Let's divide the chores."

"Why?" It was a complaint.

Hindi ako lumaking gumagawa sa bahay. We have maids and my parents want me to focus on studying, music, ballet, and painting. I grew up thinking that I don't need to learn to do the chores. I am not proud of that.

"We can't hire a helper who can spy on us. Our parents have their way to control everything. They can make impossible possible."

I looked around the unit and realized it is not as tidy as the first day. There is no one to blame. It is not our fault that we are both busy.

"Fine. Let's get into it." I have no choice.  That is a great suggestion anyway. Panahon na siguro para matuto ako. I'm twenty-two for Pete's sake.

"Wait here, I'll get pen and paper." He stood. Carrying his bag and coat, he went to the room and came back changed into a shirt and sweatpants. He is a businessman who can't trust words. Kailangan may evidence, may kontrata.

"Let's start. What chores do you want to do?"

"Wala," mabilis kong sagot. His question is subjective.