Chapter 15

The fight-free days had passed. We are now back to black and white, always against each other, different in many ways but complement the best when together.

The kiss was like a button that was pressed and now we are more open and comfortable with each other.

Knowing him is not my choice, meeting him was a forced decision. Being engaged with him and living with him are part of my Mother's agendas. Everything about us was planned, but I'll make sure to like him without forcing any feelings, with no command from other people. Maybe that's the reason why I let him court me though he's my fiance.

I want to like him. I want this feeling to grow. That's what I'm sure of.

"Did I do it right?" he asked after tying the ribbon on my low bun ponytail. I have a ballet class today.

Not sure if I'll give him a yes or no, I moved my head from side to side to see how it looks in the mirror. It's not bad for a first-timer.

"Hmm. seventy-five percent."

"Out of seventy-five percent, right?" he clarified.

Natawa ako. "Out of a hundred."

My eyes are still pierced in the mirror. I saw how his tongue dwells on the side of his cheeks before pulling one side of the ribbon, and untying it.

"What are you doing?"

"I'll make it a hundred. I never got a seventy-five," he said nonchalantly.

Higit ko iyong ikinatawa. Lalo pa nang ulitin niya nga iyon. He didn't stop until I gave him a thumbs up.

I'm wearing a pastel pink bodice that covers my upper body down to my ankle. On top of it is a cropped white cardigan with small gold buttons. Isang pares ng puting suede sandals ang suot ko. The only jewelry I'm wearing is Franco's necklace and our engagement ring. I'm ready to go.

"Can I watch you?" he suddenly asked.

"Are you that interested in ballet?"

"I'm not sure but I'm interested in you, does that count?"

Hindi ko alam kung matatawa o kikiligin ako. "You are so malandi."

"Hindi ba dapat ganito naman talaga ang mga manliligaw? Ano bang ginagawa ng mga manliligaw mo?"

Inaayos ko ang mga gamit na dadalhin habang nakikipag-usap sa kaniya. The bedroom is small enough to be devoured by his strong perfume. Hindi ko na maamoy ang sarili kong pabango.

"My Mom don't allow suitors so hindi pa ako naligawan. Pahakbang pa lang ang mga lalaki para bumati sa akin, tinatakot na niya. You're my first suitor. You must be honored."

"Ikaw lang ang liligawan ko," aniya na siyang nakapagpatigil sa akin.

Nag-angat ako ng tingin. "You haven't courted anyone aside from me?"

"I don't confess at all. Why would I court someone if I'm getting married to a woman I can't choose myself?"

That was both usual and painful for me. I was about to ask him another question when he continued.

"I'm glad I didn't. It's worth it."

How come he is directly looking at my eyes while saying that? Is he an alien? It's his first time courting someone and he has that confidence. Where is he getting that from?

"How about Moren?" I asked casually. "You didn't confess to her?"

He breathed deeply. "I did. I said I will only break my rule once. But I'm willing to break my rules as much as possible if it's you." He tilted his head to survey my look.