Chapter 36

"What will you wear for later?" Kennedy asked from the phone.

Just in time, my hand is skimming my wardrobe to see what to wear for the exhibit today. I can't choose. I want a simple yet significant fashion style. 

"I can't decide. Any suggestion?"

"Wear anything you want. Please, just make sure you won't look more beautiful than me."

"When did you look better than me?" I took the hanger when the pink dress caught my eyes.

It's Sunday. A free day from work but a day for the exhibit. This is the time when artists from different places gather to share a common interest, art. Noon pa man, it astonishes me how it became a language to a lot of people and only those who will choose to immerse themselves in the world of art can understand it.

Itinaas ko ang kulay rosas na bestida at pinagkatitigan. It's a French pink dress with no pattern but has a slippery texture made of silk. It has two thin straps on both sides of the v-neckline top. The skirt is circle and will appear bouncy if I wear it.

Looking at it makes me feel young. I'm still young though. Age is a mindset, they say.

I took it and threw to my bed. I have to prepare Felize before preparing myself. Kapag inuna kong igayak ang sarili kesa sa kaniya, panigurado pawis na ako at kakailanganin kong magretouch.

"Mommy I want this dress."

I was about to choose a dress for her. I badly wanted us to wear the same color but she wants a different one. It's a red dress with butterfly sleeves and laces to tie around the waist.

"Can I wear this, Mommy?"

"You can. Come here. Let me help you."

I grew up letting other people decide for me and sometimes, I will find myself wanting to decide for Felize too. I have to remind myself that she's a kid and although she isn't aware of everything in this world yet, she's starting to discover it one by one. She began to know what she likes and what she hates not what people like and not what people hate.

"My baby is a big girl. You look pretty."

"You are beautiful too, Mommy." She kissed my cheek after I tied the laces into a big bow.

Pagkatapos kong bihisan at suutan ng sapatos si Felize ay pinaghintay ko siya sa kuwarto. I gave her book to read while I prepared myself.

I put on the pink dress I picked earlier and paired it with an old rose scarpin heels. I will bring my clutch bearing my phone, keys, and cards inside.

"Mommy?"

I was wearing my necklace when Felize opened the door. "Yes?"

"Can I bring this?" She showed me my camera which is hanging around her neck now. "I can take pictures there, Mommy."

"Come over here first."

As I was choosing a pair of earrings to wear, I stumbled upon a necklace I had almost forgotten. The necklace Franco gave me with his initial. FMS. I only left the letter F for Felize pagkatapos ay isinuot ko ang kuwintas sa kaniya.

"Mimi is already here, Mommy. I will open the door for him," excited niyang sabi.

"Be careful. Don't run."

She still ran. Hindi ko alam kung saan niya namana ang katigasan ng ulo. I was obedient before, nasobrahan pa nga.

She was not wrong. Kennedy arrived wearing his always-to-go trouser and sweater. He thinks we are somewhere in Alaska.