Chapter 11

"Para saan ang exhibition na 'yon? You should focus on your studies, for now, Era."

That was a 'no', sugar-coated with words to not sound as bad as 'no'. Hindi ko na siya sinubukan pilitin. Kahit ano naman ang sabihin niya ay sasali at sasali pa rin ako.

She can control everything but not my passion. Ayokong pati sa pagpipinta ay maging duwag ako. It's the only thing that holds my pieces all together.

"The mansion feels empty now."

"The mood is not that welcoming, Georgina. Pakiwari ko ay masama ang loob mong pagbuksan kami ng pintuan."

Magkasunod na nagsalita ang kasamahan ni Mom sa trabaho.

"I think it's because I left. The house felt sad," I joked to lift the mood.

The two of them chuckled in agreement while Mom can't contain her smile while eating. You can call this dinner an all-girls date because no man is at the table, even my father is not around.

"I agree. You can light up a whole palace. No doubt, you can pull any Suarez." She smiled at me.

"You forgot to add the word down," Mom added.

"Zhareena is aware of that. Right, hija?"

"Sì." I only smiled but deep inside I know, if given a chance, I will never want to be a Legazpi, to be an heiress.

It should be a light dinner but their conversations made me uncomfortable. Itinuon ko ang atensiyon sa pagkain. Kunwari ay hindi ako nakikinig sa pag-uusap nila ngunit alerto ang tenga at isip.

"What's the plan B now? If your plan A didn't work?"

"O, come on, Cassandra. I don't need plan B. I can make my first and only plan work. You already know that, don't you?"

"There's nothing bad in being prepared. What if you failed to lure these people and get their emotions? Lugmok ka na naman. How long will it take you to think of another plan?"

My Mom didn't bother to chew her food fast. She took her time. When done, she raised an eyebrow. "What will I do if the plan A didn't work. I'll try and try until it works. But I doubt I need a backup plan. You can trust me in this one."

"Pagbutihin mo ang trabaho. Zhareena is working so hard to keep an eye to the heir. Do you have something to tell, hija?" Sa isang kisap-mata ay nakatingin na silang lahat sa akin.

"Franco is a careful man. As of now, I can't provide Mom anything." And I'm not planning to.

Mom sighed before drinking her wine. Ma'am Cassandra caressed my cheek.

"No worries, Zhareena. You are doing your work by simply living with him. Just always remember men always create traps. Don't fall for it." She laughed hysterically.

"I don't fall for traps." I confidently said.

"Uh, oh. It's not easy as you think. Some traps can deceive you. Love is the most common," aniya.

Inunahan na ni Mommy ng tawa ang sinabi ng kasamahan. "Smart people don't get deceived easily. Love is nothing but a collection of impressions and emotions. Zhareena is aware of our goal. Isa pa, malabong magmahal ang anak ko. Love was made for foolish people."

"You mean for people like you."

Mom laughed again, with her hand covering her mouth. "Am I the drama, Cassandra? You're the one who cried ocean when you found out your man cheated on you."

"I couldn't be more proud of myself. I cried ocean and didn't drown. I swam."

I can't keep up with their topic and maybe because I don't understand it. I want to ask about the plan they are talking about but I'm afraid it's worse than I am expecting. Ayoko na lang muna isipin.