Chapter 28

Chapter 28

"The wait for these results is agonising." Clay complained, as he rested his head on the table at Joshua's apartment. Joshua looked at him and nodded. Clay had come over for dinner the next evening. He wanted to make sure that everything was alright with Joshua. He knew that getting the DNA test done was a big deal to him. But Clay wanted to make sure that Joshua knew that nothing was going to change between them.

Clay didn't want anything to change. Other than the fact that he might have daughter that he never knew about. Clay reached out and squeezed Joshua's hand. "Are you alright?" Clay asked him. Joshua just sighed. Then he shrugged.

"I don't know how I feel. It feels weird." Joshua replied. Clay reached and grabbed Joshua's hand. Nothing was going to change between him and Joshua. Clay didn't want anything to change.

"Nothing is going to change between us." Clay tried to tell Joshua. Joshua didn't look like he believed it. Joshua just frowned at Clay. "How do you know that? What if she is yours?" Joshua asked him.

Clay just shrugged. "We'll raise her together." Clay told him, like it was obvious. Joshua sighed.

"We haven't even been together that long, what if we get in an argument?" Joshua asked. Clay just looked at him. "Why would we get into an argument?" Clay questioned. Joshua shrugged. "Oh, I don't know but if we do, we have Clara to take care of now." Joshua said to him. Clay squeezed Joshua's hand again.

"If we get into an argument, then we will solve it together. We haven't gotten into one so far and it's been good but if Clara is mine, I will not be missing anymore of her life." Clay told Joshua. Joshua could understand that. Joshua didn't want Clay to miss out on Clara's life if she was his.

But Clay didn't give either of them any clues to who Clara's mother was. Unless, Clay thought really hard and tried to figure it out.

"If she is yours, who do you think Clara's mother is?" Joshua asked. Clay just shook his head. He was trying to think who he slept with a year ago.

"I'd have to think about that question." Clay replied, he didn't know. But he tried to play it like a joke. Joshua didn't find it too funny.

"That's not funny." Joshua told him with a deadpan look on his face. Clay nodded. "Yeah, I know." Clay said with a sigh.

Joshua sighed as well.

"I need to put Clara to bed and then we can talk some more." Joshua told Clay. Clay nodded. Joshua picked up Clara and walked down the hallway to Clara's bedroom. Clay heard the door open and then close.

He came back a few minutes later. "When will the results be back?" Joshua asked. Clay shrugged. "Hayden said in a couple of days." Clay replied. He got up from the chair and wrapped his arms around Joshua's waist. Joshua arched an eyebrow at Clay. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm doing nothing." Clay told him. Joshua just shook his head. "I am not in the mood for sex right now." Joshua told him. Clay nodded.

"I know that you aren't." Clay replied.

"So, what are you doing?"

"Holding you. Because, I know that this is a stressful time for you and for me as well. I want us to try."

"I thought that's what we were doing?" Joshua asked with a grin on his face. Clay couldn't help but laugh. "We are but if Clara is mine, I want you to move in with me." Clay told Joshua. Joshua's mouth dropped open.

"What do you mean 'move in with you'?" Joshua asked. Clay grinned at him. "I want you to move in with me." Clay replied.

"Why? And what if she isn't yours?" Joshua threw another question at him. Clay kept the grin on his face.