Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The next morning, Joshua groaned as he woke up. He was lying on someone's chest. He knew that it was Clay. Clay had his arms wrapped around Joshua's waist with a tight grip. He placed his head on Clay's chest. Joshua looked at Clay. His eyes were closed so Joshua assumed that he was asleep.

Then Clay chuckled.

"I thought that you were asleep." Joshua muttered. Clay chuckled again. "No, I wasn't asleep, but I thought that it was cute that you thought that I was asleep." Clay replied. Joshua couldn't help but blush. Last night, was amazing. Joshua's ass hurt though. "How are you feeling?" Clay asked him. Joshua groaned.

"My ass hurts from your cock." Joshua replied. Clay laughed at Joshua's response. Clay raised his hands to run his hands through Joshua's hair.

"Your hair is so soft." Clay muttered; Joshua blushed again. Clay was always complimenting him, and Joshua didn't understand why. He didn't know what was special about him. Clay was a rich CEO. He could have anyone. Why did he want Joshua?

"You know, the right answer to that is thank you." Clay said to him. Joshua nodded. "Thank you. I'm sorry but people don't usually compliment me. I'm not used to it." Joshua told him. Clay nodded in understanding.

"I know. You're not used to it and I get that, but I am going to compliment you often so get used to it." Clay replied with a smile. Joshua grinned back. Clay started talking again.

"You know, last night was amazing. So are you. I don't want you to ever doubt that. Ever. You're an amazing person who has legal custody of the most adorable little girl that isn't even biologically theirs. You are amazing." Clay told him and kissed him. He pulled away a few minutes later.

"Thank you. No one has ever said that to me before." Joshua thanked him. He felt tears starting to build up in his eyes. He wasn't used to this. Not at all.

"You're welcome. But you are amazing, and I will never say anything else but that." Clay murmured.

"What time does Clara usually get up at?" Clay asked him. Joshua shrugged. "I have a baby monitor, so you'll probably hear her when she wakes up." Joshua replied.

"How about we get up and make breakfast?" Clay suggested.

Joshua nodded.

"Sure, I'll bring the baby monitor out to the kitchen so that we'll hear her when she wakes up." Joshua replied.

Joshua pulled back the duvet and got out of the bed. "Do you have any clothes that I could borrow?" Clay asked Joshua. Joshua pulled on a pair of underwear and walked over to his wardrobe.

"They might be a bit small on you." Joshua muttered. Clay just grinned. "That's fine. You look around the same size as me. The clothes should be fine." Clay told him. Joshua pulled a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt.

"You can take a shower if you want." Joshua suggested. Clay nodded and he walked into the bathroom. But then he walked back out and pulled Joshua by the waist. Joshua squealed. "What are you doing?" Joshua squeaked. Clay grinned into Joshua's neck.

"Have a shower with me?" Clay asked. Joshua sighed. "But what about Clara?" Joshua asked. "Leave the monitor in the bathroom and we'll hear it and I'm sure that we won't wake up." Clay replied. Joshua nodded and let Clay pull him into the bathroom. Joshua took off the underwear. Clay turned on the hot water and they both got in the shower. Clay held Joshua in his arms and washed him with shower gel. Then he washed his hair with shampoo.

After their shower, Joshua dried himself with a towel and Clara still wasn't up yet. Which was unusual because she never usually slept in this late. Joshua put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

Clay came out in the pair of tracksuit bottoms and the t-shirt that he gave him. "You ready to make breakfast?" Clay asked. Then the baby monitor went off. "I'll get her, and you get breakfast ready." Joshua told Clay. Clay nodded and walked in the direction of the kitchen. Joshua walked into his daughter's room and saw her in her crib with a smile on her face. She always woke up with a smile on her face.

"You ready for your breakfast?" Joshua asked and tickled her tummy. She laughed. She was wearing one of her favourite onesies'. She looked so cute.

He picked her up and carried out to the kitchen. Clay was standing there at the oven; he was cooking eggs. "I found some eggs in your fridge and just started cooking them." Clay said. Joshua nodded and put Clara in her highchair.

"Hey, sweetheart. Did you sleep good last night?" Clay asked her. She giggled. Clay smiled and turned his attention back to the oven.

A few minutes later, the eggs were done, and Clay placed them on plates. He brought them over to the table. Joshua opened the drawer which contained the cutlery and he took two sets out as well as Clara's spoon. Then they started eating and Joshua fed Clara.

"She's not a fussy eater, is she?" Clay asked. Joshua shook his head. "No, she's not fussy. She eats whatever." Joshua replied.

Clay grinned.

"That's good. Does she still drink milk?" Clay asked.

Joshua nodded.

"Yeah, she does. She'll have one after her breakfast." Joshua replied.

"What was it like?" Clay asked. Joshua frowned up at Clay. What did he mean by that? "What do you mean?" Joshua asked. Clay just shrugged.

"What was it like to raise Clara? When she was just dropped on your when she was just a few months old?" Clay asked.

"It was hard. I had absolutely no experience with babies before. But when I got Clara, we just clicked, and I knew that I couldn't let her got into the system. But I got used it and now, I couldn't imagine my life without her. She just brings so much joy to my life." Joshua replied.

Clay smiled.

"Did you ever imagine yourself being a father before you got Clara?" Clay asked him. Joshua looked to be in thought for the next few minutes before he answered. "When I was young, I guess I didn't. I really didn't. I didn't have the wish to be a father like other men do. I just didn't. But when I got Clara, I understood why they wanted to be fathers. It's amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world." Joshua replied.

"Why didn't you ever imagine yourself being a father?" Clay asked him.

"I just didn't. Now, I do but I didn't when I was younger. Do you ever see yourself being a father?" Joshua asked Clay. Clay didn't know the answer to that.

"I don't know. You and Clara have really opened my eyes to what fatherhood is like. You have so I guess I do in a way. You've helped me with that. We could always get a surrogate or adopt?" Clay suggested.

That last question left Joshua confused. What the fuck was Clay talking about? "What the hell are you talking about?" Joshua asked.

"What do you think I'm talking about? I want to have kids with you. Obviously." Clay replied as if it was just a normal conversation. Joshua's eyes nearly popped out of his head. "You seriously want to have kids with me?" Joshua asked. Clay rolled his eyes.

"Didn't I just say that?" Clay asked. "Yes, I want kids with you." Clay then added.
"Really?" Joshua asked with his eyes shining with hope. Clay nodded. "Not now but definitely sometime in the future." Clay replied.

"You've really opened my mind about things and I definitely see you in my future." Clay stated.

"Now, you're just flattering me." Joshua replied with an easy smile on his face. Clay grinned back.

"Eat your breakfast." Clay said.

That was Joshua did. He didn't want more kids at the minute but maybe sometime in the future.