Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Clay was at work. When his mother called. He stared at the phone before answering. "Hello mother. How's life going?" Clay asked. He could hear his mother's smile through the phone line. "Life is fine but let's talk about you." His mother stated through the phone line. Clay just frowned.

"Why do you want to talk about me?" Clay asked but he knew exactly what she wanted to talk about.
"Because I want to know if you have been dating and I haven't seen you in a while, so I want you to come over for dinner tonight." She told him. Clay sighed.

"Isn't that a bit of short notice?" Clay asked. His mother just laughed over the phone. "I know that it's short notice but please and make sure to bring that guy that you've been dating." His mother told him.

Clay's mouth dropped open. He didn't say anything for the next few minutes. He was in shock. "H-How do you know that I'm dating someone and how do you know that it's a guy?" Clay asked. His mother laughed again.

"I saw the pictures of you."

"What pictures?" Clay asked.

His mother laughed again. "The pictures of you with him at the charity event that you went to and I know that you have taken him out on some dates. There were also pictures of you taken. Why didn't you tell me?" His mother asked.

Clay sighed again. "Because every time that I start dating someone, you always go overboard with them with questions. He's shy and I know that you will love him." Clay replied.

"I don't do that." His mother retorted. Clay just snorted and started laughing. "Yes, you do." He replied.

"Fine, I guess I do but I still want to meet this man. Bring him to dinner tonight." She demanded. Clay sighed.

"What if he has plans? He's got a daughter and he might not have anyone to watch her." Clay told her, knowing she would be ecstatic to know that. She started squealing. "He has a daughter! Now you have to bring, and he can bring her." She told him.

"He might have plans."

"Just ask him, I'll see you at 6." His mother said and then she hung up on the line. The line went dead.

Clay walked out of his office. Clarice was sitting at her desk. She stood up when she saw him. "Sir, Amelia is here." She told him.

Clay furrowed his brow.

"What is she doing here?" Clay asked. "I don't know but she just showed up. She's waiting for you."

"Tell her to leave, I don't want to see her. Where is she?" Clay asked. "In the conference room." Clarice replied. Clay nodded.

"Will I tell her that you don't have the time to see her? I know how much she bothers you?" Clarice asked. Clay nodded with a smile.
"Please and thank you. You're a great assistant. I'm going to see Joshua but don't tell Amelia that." Clay replied. He heard his assistant chuckling as he walked towards the elevator. The doors opened.

He walked over to Joshua's desk. Joshua had his eyes trained on the computer screen again. "Baby?" Clay asked. Joshua looked up. He was surprised. "Hey." Joshua replied. Clay frowned.

"All I get is a 'hey'. Can I not get a kiss?" Clay asked.

Joshua sighed and nodded. "Fine." Then Joshua put his lips on his. But only for a few minutes so that he would drag attention to himself. He pulled away and looked around. Joshua sighed, there was no one staring at them. Clay was standing there. "You call that a kiss?" Clay asked.

Joshua sighed. "I'm trying to work, and I don't want to drag attention." Joshua replied. Clay just pouted. "Fine but I want you to make up for it tonight." Clay replied. He smirked because Joshua had no idea what he was getting into. Joshua furrowed his brow. "What's tonight?" Joshua carefully asked.
Clay just grinned.