Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Joshua was at his apartment; Clara was sitting on the floor and she kept looking at the boxes that were around her. Joshua did get the apartment and today he was moving. He couldn't wait to leave. He picked the one that had the park nearby for Clara. It was perfect. Joshua had already gotten a tour of the place and the place was nice. The kitchen was great, there was a better kitchen table to eat at.

Clay was coming with Alex. He had offered to help Joshua move and he rented a van. Joshua tried to give him money to pay for it, but Clay has refused to take it and that just made Joshua annoyed. Joshua didn't want Clay to pay for everything. Joshua heard a knock on the door of the apartment and Joshua knew that it was Clay and Alex.

Joshua walked over to open the door while keeping an eye on Clara, but she seemed to be too distracted by all the boxes. Joshua opened the door and he saw Clay's smiling face staring at him. Joshua managed to smile back at him.

"Hey. You got everything packed?" Clay asked Joshua. Joshua nodded. He did have everything packed. "Yeah, everything is in boxes and I don't have that much stuff." Joshua told Clay. Clay frowned. He didn't like the fact that Joshua didn't have that many things. Joshua deserved nice things because he is a kind person.

"You can start bringing down the boxes." Joshua told Clay. Clay nodded. Alex and Clay both grabbed a box and Joshua was going to, but Clay stopped him. "Me and Alex will bring these down. You just stay here." Clay told him and his tone sounded like there was no room for argument. Joshua didn't like that.

Joshua sat down on the floor beside Clara. She gurgled in her baby language. Joshua laughed. She was so cute when she did that.

They came back up a few minutes later. "We'll just grab the rest of the boxes and then we can go to the new apartment, all right?" Clay asked Joshua. Joshua nodded. Eventually, all the boxes had been brought down to the van and Joshua had Clara in his arms. The drivers of the van were going to the new apartment. While, Alex was going to drive the SUV to the new apartment with Clay.

Soon, Clay and Joshua were in the back of the SUV with Alex driving. The van was behind them, following them.

When they arrived at the apartment, Clay got out of the car and so did Joshua while he was carrying Clara.

He already had the keys for the apartment, and he opened the door after taking the elevator up to the apartment.

The drivers were helping carrying the boxes up to the apartment. Which they were being paid to do so.

Joshua unlocked the door and he had Clay and Alex standing behind him.

He walked into the apartment and looked around it. The kitchen looked amazing. Joshua stood in the room and looked around. The place looked amazing and Joshua was so glad that rented the place.

"Damn, this place is nice." Joshua muttered, as he looked around with Clara in his arms. Clay and Alex both nodded. Alex liked Joshua. He liked him a lot, but as a friend and nothing more. He knew that Joshua would be good for Clay. You could see it from a mile away. Clay was smitten with the man. But not in a bad way. He would never hurt Joshua. Alex could see that. That was good because he didn't want anyone to hurt Clay. Alex was trying to be a good friend.

He was happy with Joshua. Alex could see that. He was happy with Joshua. He could see that when they went on a date. Alex drove them to the restaurant. He could see how happy they both were on the date.

Clay and Alex walked out of the apartment to go and help with the boxes. "You think that the place is nice?" Clay asked him. Alex nodded. "Yeah, it's nice. Perfect for him and Clara." Alex replied.

Alex lived in an alright place as well. It wasn't too far from Clay's place. It was a house. Alex thought that it was alright, but he had to be up early every morning to get Clay and bring him to work and then go back out to get Joshua.

Alex looked like he gazing off into space and Clay noticed. He furrowed his brow. What was going on with Alex lately?

"Hey, are you alright?" Clay asked him. Alex nodded immediately. "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Let's just get these boxes into the apartment." Alex replied and he then he picked up a box and walked back into the apartment building.

Clay was left staring after Alex before he snapped out of it and picked up a box.

They finished bringing the boxes into the apartment and Joshua started opening every one of them and taking everything out. Clara was in Alex's arms. She seemed to be fascinated by him and kept reaching her hands up to his face.

Alex was smiling. That was good and that made Joshua smile. He was glad to see Alex happy. Clay was helping Joshua unload the boxes.

"You sure you don't want any help?" Alex offered again.

Joshua shook his head.

"No, you just stay there and play with Clara. She's seems to be happy." Joshua told Alex. Alex nodded and smiled. After they were finally finished unpacking, they all sat on the sofa. Joshua and Clay were both exhausted. Alex was sitting on the sofa, still holding Clara in his arms.

"Are you ready to go home boss?" Alex asked Clay. He nodded with a tired expression on his face.

"You look tired." Joshua muttered at Clay. Clay nodded and he had his eyes closed. "That's because I am. I'll see you at work." Clay told Joshua and then he walked over to Joshua and kissed him on the lips. Joshua moaned into the kiss, but then Clay pulled away and he smirked.

"I'll see you at work." Clay told him. Alex gave Clara back to Joshua but not before kissing her on the forehead. "Thank you for helping me move in." Joshua thanked both. They both nodded. "You're welcome."

Then they left the apartment.

They both got into the SUV with Alex getting into the driver's seat. He started the car and then pulled off the curb. Clay looked over at him in concern. "You alright?" Clay asked him. Alex's hands were tight around the steering wheel. Clay noticed that.

"I'm fine." Alex gritted out. He wasn't fine. Something was going on with Alex and Clay didn't know what it was. But he wanted to find out. Something had happened to Alex which was causing him to act like this.

"You sure?"

"I'm fine, Clay. You don't need to worry about me." Alex replied. Clay scoffed. "You're my best friend. I'm going to be worried about you."

There was something going on with Alex, but he didn't want to tell Clay. He didn't want to bother with his problems that he could solve by himself. "You don't need to be worried about me. I can take care of myself." Alex reminded Clay. Clay nodded in response.

"I know that you can but that doesn't stop me from worrying about you."

The rest of the car journey was quiet until, they reached Clay's house. Alex rested his head against the head rest.

He didn't know what he was going to do.