Best Friend.

Jazmyne POV.

I woke up and walked into Kaylie's room. she was sound asleep on the bed. I shook her to wake her up and she slowly sat up, sitting beside me on the edge of the bed.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked.

"I slept pretty good. Feels different not being in my bed though." she said, rubbing her eyes.

"Kay. I'm glad you came to stay with us." I stated.

"I'm glad too. But I do miss my bed." she said, giggling.

"Mom said that we're gonna go shopping after school for furniture." I said.

"Do you think that we could possibly stop by my house to get more of my stuff?"

"Yeah we can. Is it okay with your mom?" I asked.

"She wont be home." Kay said

"Okay. Get ready. Ray said he'll be here at 8:30 to pivk you up." I said.

"Okay. Thanks a lot Jazmyne. You've honestly been a great friend to me since you got here. You're actually my first real friend." she said.

"I'm glad to be your first real friend." I said, walking back to my room.

I went back to my room and took a showed. I got out and tied my hair up. I put on a pair of peach jeans and a black tank top. I put a peach jean jacket over it and I put on a pair of black Steve Madden sneaker wedges. I blow driedmy hair to make it poofy and I pulled it all into a big ponytail. I grabbed my purse and my phone and went downstairs into the kitchen. Kaylie was in there eating an apple and on the phone with Ray. I grabbed two apple juices and 2 mini pack of Special K Cracker Chips and handed one to Kay. I gave her an apple juice too. She smiled and put them in her purse. I slipped mines into my purse also and went into the fridge to find something to eat. Nothing. I went into the pantry and grabbed a Granola Bar and started eating it.

My dad came downstairs and grabbed a bottle of water and sat next to me. Kay hung up the phone and sat at the table also.

"You girls ready to go to school?" he asked.

"Yeah. " Kay said.

"Did you guys know that we're going furniture shopping?" he asked.

"Yeah." we said in unison.

"Mom told me and I told Kay" I said.

"Okay. I guess I'll pick you two up from school?" he asked.

"That's fine. " I said.

"Alright. I'll see you two around 2:30 right?" he asked.

"Yes sir." we replied.

"Okay. See you guys later. I'm out." he said, as he stood up putting on his suit jacket, grabbing his keys, and leaving out.

15 minutes later, Ray came and picked up Kaylie. I grabbed my house keys and my purse and sat them down by the door. I sat in the living room for about 30 minutes and it was already 9. I decided to go ahead and go to school in my car. I ran up to my room and grabbed my car keys. I got in my car and drove to school. I already knew that I was going to be late to school.

\When I got there, no one was outside. I got out of the car and got my purse off of the back seat and locked my doors, walking into the school. I went to the front office and got a pass and slowly strolled to class. When I got there, Santo wasnt in there. I leaned back in my seat and then I got a text.

Mr.August: I'm so sorry baby. I think Princess gave me a cold. I woke up coughing like a dog. I'm sorry I didnt text earlier. I should have. Im not coming to school today.