Chapter 21: Mending Broken Relationships

Noah's POV:

"You're not being fair Griffin. If you're going to be mad at someone, then be mad at me. She didn't do anything." I ran after him, hoping that a glimpse of being a good person would stay within him. Unfortunately, it did not when I heard him reply.

"She didn't do anything?! How the fuck did she not do something when she was screwing you while telling me she loved me!" I understood why he kept running. As much as I hated the man, he had a reason to be angry. "She's a fucking slut, and I want nothing to do with her."

It was when he called her something she wasn't that I wanted to beat the living shit out of him. "You can be angry all you want, but she's not a slut. She was the one that stood by you for two years while you cheated on her almost every day."

He came to a stop, instantly turning around. "Wha-" He was in disbelief, that much was clear. "Shut the fuck up. You really thought I didn't know that when you went on those business trips you weren't screwing half of the country." I continued. "Acting oblivious is one thing, but not owning up to something when you get called out is another."

People around us focused their attention, darting their eyes to the two men fighting over a girl. Quite honestly, it was ironic. "I don't know wh-" He stood there, acting as stupid as ever. It reminded me of the time he had told me to get away from Dixie. Oh, how the times have changed.

"You're a fucking coward Griffin. Don't do the things that you won't admit to." My palms were sweating as my hands gripped into tighter fists. "If you knew, why didn't you tell her, huh? If you were such a good friend, and you cared for her, you would have told her."

My friendship with Dixie was to never be questioned. I grew up with the girl. I spent all my worst and best moments with her. If there was one person in the entire world that I wouldn't hurt, it was her. I could give less than two shits for everyone else.

"If I was a good friend, I would have done everything I could to make sure that she didn't get hurt, and that's what I did. I didn't need her crying over your stupid ass." I remember the first night I found out he was cheating. I actually went over to her place, and when I told her, she told me that I was lying.

Dixie always knew I didn't like Griffin. From day one, I knew he wasn't good enough for her. For anyone for that matter. "She always covered you. I told her a million and one times that you were cheating. But she trusted you. She gave you the benefit of the doubt."

Every single time she managed to find an excuse for his behavior. She was hurting all along but covered it with excuses that I'm not even sure she believed. She just wanted to be loved. The only problem was that she was looking for that in the wrong person.

"And yet she cheated on me. Funny how that works, really." He laughed, like some sort of psychopath. He looked crazy. "You're a jackass Griffin, really. You fucking deserved it. You were never worthy enough of her love."

Dixie always wanted to see the good in all people. She believed that all people had something good in them. And that may be true, but she avoided all the causes that might get her hurt. Which in the end, only hurt her more.

"And you are? You think you're so great, but you're no better than me." My fists plunged towards him, punching him in the jaw. "I'm no saint, but anyone's better than you." He laid defenseless on the ground, taking the beating. He looked pathetic. Weak.

"Get the fuck out of here before I break every bone in your body." I got off of him, letting him run out the door. He was limping on the way, hissing in pain. I couldn't lie and say it wasn't a sight I've been wanting to see since I saw him for the first time.