Chapter 10: Second Chance

"Dixie, I know your in there! Just let me talk to you!" Banging on Dixie's apartment door, Noah regretted everything that he had done. "Look, I know I shouldn't have left you waiting, and coming home drunk. I was just overwhelmed! Please, I can explain everything. Just open the door!"

Just like Dixie, he had a key to her door, but he would've felt like trash opening that door knowing she didn't want to open it for him. "You have 10 minutes." As Dixie opened the door, Noah's face lit up. Hers on the other hand, not so much. She looks like she could've murdered someone.

"Thank you so much dix." He walked in, turning around to face her closing the door. "Time starts now." Noah's sighed. He really messed up.

"Look dix, I've never felt this way about anyone before. And I never expected to feel this way about you. I grew up with you, and for the longest time, I looked at you like my sister. It was weird for me when I started catching feelings, and even weirder when you went along with it. I didn't know how to feel, so I did what I do best in these situations. Drink. I'm sorry Dixie. I really am." Like Dixie said, Noah really knows his way around words, because even this tiny little speech, went straight to Dixies heart. But what came out wasn't.

"Maybe that's just it Noah. Obviously we both don't know how to act when in comes to each other. Maybe we're just caught up in hormones or something. What I said yesterday, it was a lie. I don't like you like that Noah. And I don't think you do either. So how about we do both of us a favor and just stay friends. It's better that way." Told you. Dixie didn't know why she was saying this. But here she was, saying it.

"Dixie. You know that's not true. And even if it was, how would you ever expect things to go back to normal. Just please give me a second chance. Please Dixie." He walked closer to Dixie, only to realize she was moving away. Dixie knew that if she let him though her, she would forget everything she just said. "We'll figure it out. Our friendship is strong enough. I know it is. Just please agree. You'll realize that this is better for us."

Dixie practically begged as she realized he was still moving closer to her. "Fine. I agree. But if things aren't the same, it's your fault. We could've had so much more Dixie." And just like that, he opened the door, and slammed it as he left. Something tells me, he wasn't exactly happy about the agreement.

Dixie sighed to herself. She was scared, so the best thing for her to do, was cover up how she truly felt. To stop listening to her heart, and start listening to her head. Her getting with Noah only would've ended in heartbreak. Not that Noah's not a good person, he's just not a relationship type of guy. So for Dixie, it was better to stay away from a real relationship with Noah.

---

"I don't know bro, I didn't do anything." As Blake complained to his brother, Blake, he was confused himself. What he did wasn't nearly bad enough for Dixie to say that. "Noah, obviously you did if she said that." Taking in a deep breath, and slowly letting it out, Noah spoke again. "But I didn't. She's scared. And I get that. But she knows me good enough to know I would never do anything to hurt her. I love her, and I'm starting to think more than just a friend."

Blake sighed. His brother was challenging. "Look, Noah. Maybe all you need to do is give her time. Stay friends. Go on from there." What Blake said made a lot of sense, just not to Noah. "So what am I supposed to do. Act like I don't want her. That's impossible." Like Blake said. Challenging.

"I didn't say that. Show her that your serious, but slowly. Give out hints, do special things, anything honestly. If she does feel something for you, something will happened between the two of you. Don't rush it. You've known Dixie for way to long to not know that she doesn't like to be rushed. She decided things in her own, and in her own time."

Blake was right. Let's just hope Noah actually listens to what he says. "I guess your right. But that doesn't help the fact that every time I look at her, I just want to shove my lips on hers. Showing her how much passion I actually hold for her." His hormones were a little crazy when it came to Dixie lately.

"That's something that your going to have to figure out." Taking defeat, Noah agreed. Though, he still doesn't like that he won't be able to kiss Dixie every time he saw her like he was hoping. "Thanks bro, talk to you later." Blake said his greeting as he hung up the phone. Let's hope what he says sticks in Noah's head. Although, something tells me it won't.

Hey lovliesss! This is another quite short chapter, but it is very crucial for the next few. As always, I hope you all enjoyed<3 updating has been hard but hopefully, I will be able to update more now. And if you haven't please go check out my new book "but with you" on my another account Janes_writing, It would mean a lot to me!! I love you all so much ❤️❤️
Word count: 944