Chapter XXXVII

Warning - mature content

Completely exhausted but utterly happy, Fred and Penny collapsed into their bed on the flat after saying goodbye to their still-celebrating family and friends.

They only have a few hours of sleep left before they set off on their honeymoon.

„My feet hurt,“ Penny wailed, lying on her back on the bed with her arms and legs stretched out, her dress still on her body.

Fred, lying on his stomach next to her, with his face pressed into the mattress, laughed.

„I told you to take off your shoes.“ his voice was muffled by the mattress.

„Can you help me?“ Penny turned her head to Fred.

„Hmm.. In five minutes.“ Fred lifted his head and looked at Penny through a half-open eye before letting his head fall down again.

Penny groaned and sat up.

„Okay. I’ll manage myself.“ she leaned forward and tried to sort through the lush fabric of her dress, unsuccessfully, and then fell back in frustration.

„Freddieee.“ she poked his ear with her finger and he laughed.

„I’m sleeping,“ he replied.

„No you’re not, you’re talking to me.“ now Penny laughed.

„Okay okay,“ he grinned and rolled onto his back to get up on the bed.

He removed his suit jacket and waistcoat and slipped off his shoes before kneeling at Penny’s feet in front of the bed and began unlacing her shoes.

He pulled one shoe after the other off her feet and placed them side by side in front of the bed.

„You’re Cinderella, just the other way around.“ he laughed.

„What?“ Penny raised an eyebrow and watched her husband with her eyes full of love.

„I’ll take your shoes off, I don't put them on.“ he looked at her, proud that he remembered the muggle movie and Penny giggled.

„That's it, shoes are gone. Do you want me to help you with the dress?“ he asked and Penny nodded and held out a hand for him to help her up.

Fred turned Penny around so her back was to him, he caressed the back of her neck and slowly ran his hand down her upper back to the clasp of her dress, which he undid and carefully helped her out of the dress.

„Whoa. New lingerie?“ he clicked his tongue as Penny stood before him in just her thong.

„Hmmm.. extra for you.“ she smiled and stood on her tiptoes to peck Fred on the mouth.

„This is our wedding night,“ Fred stated the obvious.

„Well spotted.“ a smile tugged at the corner of Penny’s mouth.

„They say that on your wedding you‘ll have the best sex ever, " he continued and Penny nodded.

„But nobody tells you how exhausted and tired you are. And that you just want to sleep,“ he said with a touch of shame in his voice.

„Oh thank god I thought it was just me,“ she replied, watching Fred undress as well.

„Then it’s decided, isn’t it? We’re going to sleep?“ he grinned excitedly and she nodded, he threw one of his shirts at Penny, which she pulled over her head and immediately crawled into bed.

After a while Fred came too and lay down behind penny, he pulled her close and buried his face in her hair.

„I love you. It really was the best day of my life,“ he whispered.