Chapter XXXVI

Warning - mature content

Friday, 18th September 1998
The Wedding

Penny woke up in an unfamiliar bed and blinked a few times until her eyes adjusted to the harsh sunlight shining directly on her face through the window.

She sat up and her eyes fell on Ginny who was still fast asleep next to her.

Today was her wedding day and Molly had insisted that her son and Penny spend the night before the wedding separately.

So it was, that Penny slept on the extra bed in Ginny’s room in the Burrow while Fred stayed in the flat.

Penny stretched her arms up and tilted her head to the side and her neck cracked several times as she did so.

„Ouch. Wow. Oh I miss my own bed,“ she whispered to herself and pulled on her fluffy socks and the bridal gown Molly had given her and quietly made her way downstairs.

It was still early, Penny was up even before Molly, due to the excitement of today.

She reached the kitchen and decided to prepare breakfast, the rest of the Weasley's had been working tirelessly for the past few weeks to make this day perfect for Penny, so she thought it was only fair if she gave them something in return.

She looked at the clock, which read 4:30 am as she went to work.

By the time she had set the table with steaming pancakes, eggs, bacon and toast and had drunk what might be her fifth coffee, she heard noises from the upper floors and one by one the occupants of the house came downstairs.

„Oh my dear, Penny, what have you been doing? Did you do this all by yourself? It’s your wedding day, you should relax. How long have you been up?“ the words bubbled out of Molly’s mouth as she looked at the breakfast table in front of her.

„It’s all good Molly. I couldn’t sleep anymore anyway and I was so excited. You guys have done so much for me the last few weeks I wanted to give something back plus the cooking has been relaxing and distracting for me.“ Penny smiled, as Molly held her hands in hers.

„Well if you say so. Thank you so much, dear.“ The Weasley mother took a seat and quickly everyone else joined them.

„So, since Fleur is helping get you ready, she and Bill will come after breakfast. Hermione as well. You still have some time and can have breakfast in peace. Penny, you can take the bathroom upstairs, then you can take your time,“ Molly said, looking from Penny to her children.

„And you guys please take turns, without arguments.“ she raised an eyebrow and Ginny, Ron and Charlie, who was also there temporarily, nodded.

After breakfast and after Molly had repeatedly reassured Penny that she didn’t need help cleaning up, Penny gathered her toiletries and made her way to the bathroom on the second floor.

She undid the knot of her gown and the silky fabric fell gently down her body.

Then she took off her panties and turned on the shower.

Penny stepped into the shower and let the warm water run over her body, just as she was about to wash her hair she was startled by the familiar crack of apparition.

A bit panicked, she pulled the curtain aside only to be grinned at by none other than Fred.

„What? What are you doing here?“ she asked in astonishment.

And Fred, standing there with his usual grin, slowly began to undress.

Involuntarily, Penny’s eyes locked on his hands, which were slowly unbuttoning his shirt and she bit her lower lip.