Chapter XX

Warning - mature content

I woke up to the feeling that someone was watching me. I grabbed my wand that was lying on the little bedside table and casted Lumos. I looked across the room, but it was empty. Just like Fred’s side of the bed.

I frowned and rubbed my eyes, then got out of bed and pulled Fred’s jumper over my head and quietly walked out of the room.
I heard voices from the living room and went through the dark hallway, Fred and George were sitting at the dining table, both of them a glass of water in hand.

„Why are you awake?“, The two brothers stopped their conversation and looked at me.

„Sorry, love, did we wake you up?“, Fred asked while I took a glass from the cupboard and filled it with cold water. I leaned against the kitchen counter and drank some of my water.

„No, you didn’t. I just had a bad dream, I guess.“, The flat was only illuminated by the light of the moon, otherwise it was dark. I finished my glass and put it in the sink. „I’m going back to bed, are you coming soon?“ I rubbed Fred’s back while I walked past him and back into our room.

„Yeah, I’ll be with you right away,“ he called after me and I heard the chair slide over the floor.

After a short moment, the door to Fred’s room opened and my ginger stepped inside.

„Are you asleep?“, he whispered as he took off his hoodie and tossed it over the arm of the chair at his desk.

„No.“ I turned around so I could look at Fred. He crawled into bed with me and put his blanket over me.

„Do you want to talk about the dream?“ He pulled me closer to him, his arm over my middle, so that he could caress my back.

„Honestly, I don’t know if it was a dream, but it felt like someone was watching me.“ I slid closer to Fred and buried my face in the crook of his neck.

Fred turned his head slightly and looked at the window.

„The curtains are closed. Nobody can look inside. And nobody else is in the flat either.“ He stroked my hair soothingly. „We have an anti-apparition charm on the flat. So the person had to get through the door and we would have noticed that.“

„I know. It was just a feeling. As I said, a stupid dream.“ I yawned.

„Go back to sleep, love. There’s no one in here“, he kissed my head and softly hummed a melody until I felt asleep.

-----
Finally, Christmas holiday was just around the corner, which meant that I was allowed to go back to Hogwarts afterwards and as much as I loved the time I spent with Remus and Sirius as well as Fred, I was excited to see my other friends again.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in my towel, wiping the mirror with the palm of my hand, which was fogged up by the steam.

After drying myself off, I slipped into some fresh knickers and Fred’s jumper. I looked at myself in the mirror, ready for what I was about to do, I made my way to Fred’s room.
Fred sat on his bed, only in his grey sweatpants and his guitar in his lap. His fingers delicately touching the strings.

I took a deep breath.

„I want to sleep with you tonight, Freddie.“,  I said, walking over to him.

He looked up at me and chuckled.
„I assumed that. You’ve slept here almost every night since we moved in.“

„No, Fred. That’s not what I meant.. I.. I want sex with you, Freddie.“.