Level 5: Fissured

I whirled around in the water so fast that I lost my balance and sunk below the surface for a few seconds. My limbs flailed around me as panic started to take me over. I had been on the verge of Panick before quite recently, but there were a good many differences between now and then.

The water droplets flung through the air before splashing anywhere from a few inches to a few feet from my thrashing body. My movements caused the water around me to foam up in white bubbles for a second before popping and disapearing.

One, I had solid ground beneath my feet and was able to use my legs to properly flee. Now I was stuck here in some sort of underground aqueduct tunnel while something else was in here with me. I never saw it, I never felt it, I only heard it when it had made a sound behind me.

I never even felt the ripples, which meant that it had to have been somewhere far from me right? Right? I scanned the area and the water as best as I could. There were lights in this tunnel so I could actually see what was going on this time. Though it really didn't help me at this moment cause nothing I could see was of any use.

There were no doors or latches that were open that something could have come out from. So unless there were openings under the water's surface then that meant that whatever was in here was already in here waiting for me when I was sucked out of the other room.

I also did not happen to see any more ripplings, or dark shapes moving somewhere around me. No large fish, sharks, or alligators. Which is what my mind had immediately gone to. Would Dr. Wicker even have any of those available wherever the Hell we were? Of course, he would, this maniac had built multiple levels of torture somewhere deep underground. 

This man had built and accomplished nothing I had ever heard of before. Some of the mechanisms found here in the levels were stuff straight out of a fiction horror movie. Like the freaking moving wall that almost killed Jeff.

How did he get all of the supplies needed to construct all of this?! Not only that, how did he do all of this madness all by himself. Well, maybe he did it by himself. There was the fourteenth player, which was yet to be discovered if that was the infamous Dr. Wicker himself or not. So possibly all by himself. Even then though so far that would only mean he had one other dude to help him. How on earth could two dudes construct all of this chaos by themselves without anyone ever finding out?!?!

This would have taken years to construct. Some of the levels were massive, and unless this was only a passageway, then I was on level five right now. How many damned levels were there in this place?! How much longer of this were we supposed to go through before we could go home?!

That was not the point of the game though. We weren't supposed to go home. We were supposed to die here in some cruel and horrible way. Then afterwards some of us would be missing forever while some of our bodies turned up somewhere else. So people would know that Dr Wicker was very much real and active and that people would fear him.

How though? This man had been doing this for years. How had no one, not a single person survived this nightmare? There had to be at least one right? They had to be out there somewhere, right now. I couldn't believe that not a single person ever got out of here. I had to believe that there was an actual chance that I could get out of here. That I could see my family one last time and set things right with my life.

The silence that now hung in the air was so thick that I don't even know if I could hear myself breathing. Or maybe I just was not breathing anymore either. My body was floating as I stilled all movements. The water made me bob up and down slightly like a buoy on the beach. It was not strong enough to cause me to tip over and fling me into another burst of panic again though.