Continuity

Was kicking a child to the other side of the diner legal or would Henry be mad at you afterwards?

click.

Okay no time for thinking.

You gently, but quickly, pushed the child aside before leaving in a rush, waving goodbye to the kids as you half ran, trying to quickly get somewhere where you could change from this suit while not risking a child to see you.

You pushed forwards towards the corridor where the backstage and back storage rooms were.
Arriving into the corridor you quickly realized someone was blocking your way.

click.

Another. God damn. Kid.

This kid looked straight in front of it, as if it couldn't see the huge golden rabbit in front of it.
Slowly the boy lifted his head up, staring straight into your eyes.

click.

"Are you here to take me too? Is it my turn to go? To join Jeremy?" He said faintly.

What the hell.

You signaled to the kid that you would be back soon and rushed to the first room you could find.
This suit was about to spring back to place and you were in the middle of it.

click.

You turned the handle and opened the door.

click.

Closing behind you, you rushed to get the head off.

click.

Then the upper body parts.

click.

And finally the legs.

click.

You stopped moving.
The legs wouldn't budge.
Panic rushed through you but you knew you had to stay calm. Any rushed movements would result in a lot of pain and possibly death.

click-clack.

Horror filled up the entirety of your being.
You knew what that sound meant.

They were gonna spring back.
Trapping you in here.

"Y/n what the fuck...?" A rich accent said, entering the room.

You didn't dare look up or care at what the person was saying, you were preparing for impact.
Maybe if you managed well enough, the kids near the room would barely hear your screams.

Arms worked on your legs and a second later you heard the cascade of snapping sounds.
Only a minuscule amount of pain creeped up behind your right leg.

You looked down to see way less blood than you expected, there were plenty small shallow cuts at the base of your legs, the top half was completely fine.

"Sorry I didn't get enough time to avoid any cuts at all but you got very lucky." William said helping you sit down on a chair at your right.

"Now, I'm not complaining or anything but, can you explain why I enter my office to find you half naked and once again 10 seconds away from dying?" He asked glancing up at you as he put the suit back in place.

You took some time to answer.
How many times had you risked dying during this mission?
You're supposed to be a trained assassin, okay sure your life can often be in danger but this is just absurd.

"Henry asked me to replace you." You finally said, locking eye contact with William who proceeded to walk back over towards you, crouching down so that you didn't have to look up so much.

"...and you accepted? Wearing that I mean." He said, looking at the suit laying near his desk then back to you.

"Yes but everything was going fine ! It's just some dumbass kid who jumped on my leg when I was distracted." You said grumpy.

Once again William saved your life, you should be grateful and you were but, you didn't like feeling helpless. You hated it honestly. You could save yourself.

William thought for a moment, it seemed like he was arguing with himself.
You couldn't help but wonder what was going on inside this man's mind.

"What did the kid look like?" He said, not raising his gaze from the floor, he still had that stern look on his face.

"Uhhh looked around 8 or 9, really dark short hair like, almost black and a pink top I think." You answered trying your best to remember. "Wait why do you need to know that?" You suddenly asked.

"I need to warn him that hugging the animatronics is forbidden, they're supposed to know that and I don't want to take any more risks." William answered while getting up, heading towards the suit.

You hesitated before asking the next question.

"William?" You called.

"Yes dear?" He answered, his back to you, lifting the animatronic parts and recoiling the spring locks back to let him in.

"There was a kid outside the office, he asked if I would take him away. Why would he ask that?" You mumbled, not daring to lift your eyes from the ground. You heard him stop.

"Children are the strangest thing right?" He said in a voice that sounded anything but human.

You looked up at him.
He was smirking.

"I advise you to not leave this room until I return." He said, turning the room handle.

You jumped up. "And why not?" You snapped.

He gently looked back at you, "do as you wish love, but let me remind you that you are half naked currently, and the restaurant is full with people of all ages." He smirked before exiting the room.

You fell back down embarrassed.
Fucking asshole.
He was the opposite of Henry ugh.

You sat there silent for a long minute.
God this was the strangest thing possible, you waited for William to come back with a pair of clothes or maybe your clothes that you had left in the room next door. Even though the room was like 5 meters away from William's office you were not taking the risk of traumatizing a young kid.

You stayed there waiting for about 5 minutes left to your thoughts before realizing that William probably had spare work clothes somewhere in his workplace. You got up and walked over to the desk, searching through the cupboards and quickly found what you were looking for, a neatly tidied spare outfit. You cleaned off you legs as well as you could with some tissues hanging around before hurrying to put it on, Yep, being dressed was definitely better.

You thought about searching through the rest of his desk to find something that would prove Flo wrong about William. You didn't want to defend William or anything, you just really wanted to prove Flo wrong. Before touching anything else, you had to check and see where William was exactly.
You gently left the office, there wasn't anyone in the corridor, not a single employee or weird creepy kid. You left towards the main party rooms which were filled with kids running left and right but no William. You searched everywhere, even the kitchen but no sign of him, you even saw Henry but preferred avoiding him, you didn't want him to ask you questions and get worried.

He probably went back to his office which meant you screwed up your opportunity to get any info, you went back to the office but once again, empty.
You didn't take any longer thinking or searching and immediately went to his desk.
The first drawers were once again a bunch of paperwork and a bunch of kid drawings for some reason, you got up and was gonna open the third one when your eyes got attracted to the last one.
It didn't fit with the rest.

It was the one from William's home, you remembered it had disappeared shortly after you had rummaged through Williams stuff.
You lowered yourself to open it.
It slowly slid open.

No.
You slammed the drawer shut.
No.