Death's kiss

So this was the end huh.
Death by getting squashed?

Pretty shit if you ask me.

You always imagined yourself getting shot and dying from blood loss or dying saving someone just like in movies but this?
This was just sad.

The pain lasted longer than what you had experienced previously, you opened your eyes to realize the reason, you hadn't been pulled into the animatronic nether the less she was trying to get you, trying to kill you.
Something was stopping her.
Someone.

You felt arms around your waist as William stood behind you, holding onto you as if his own life depended of it.
The amount of happiness you felt while seeing him was something you had never felt before,
hope to survive, peace or... knowing he would be the last person you got to see?

« YOU WILL NOT TAKE ANOTHER PERSON FROM ME » William yelled, his voice cracking.

You yelped, being pulled from opposite directions didn't exactly come without pain. But you had to act quick, you couldn't tell how much time William would be able to hold onto you for.

You had an idea but it could lead you to survival or to your slow and painful death.
You glanced up with pain at the animatronic, the base of the claws it had grabbed you with looked weak but you found that the middle was the one struggling the most.
That's where you aimed for.

In one swift movement you kicked the middle of the metal rods with the entirety of your lower body strength, almost making the animatronic fall back. One claw shattered, the other held on tight. Your brute movement caused William to let go, you heard a gasp of terror escape his mouth but you knew you could do this.

Both your legs came back up, pushing against the robot's torso and lower stomach helping you to stay balanced and possibly not getting squished into a human pretzel.

« WILLIAM ! » you screamed, hoping he would react fast enough. « THE OTHER CLAW. »

William was on it in a second, kicking it with an amount of force that actually surprised you.
Damn the old man is strong.

You fell to the floor, letting out a yell as your back slammed against the ground.
In an instant, you were in Williams arms.

« I'm so so sorry... please... I'm sorry »
« I'm so terribly sorry » he sobbed

Wait, William was... crying?

You looked up at him and indeed tears had formed in his eyes and rolled down his cheeks as he looked at you. You figured this brought back memories of Elizabeth.

« William I... » you couldn't answer. Seeing William like this shocked you,
you had actually figured out his weakness.
You.

You were his weakest point.

But in this moment you didn't care about that, this man was broken. He had lost so much and he nearly risked losing another person dear to him.
You lifted yourself up from the ground to
a sort of sitting position before hugging William, his head cradled in your shoulder, his warm tears flowing down your shirt.

His heart was beating fast against yours.
His sobs drawing fainter as he calmed down.
When you finally let go of each other, his tears had dried.

« I thought you were gone. » he mumbled.

« Not gonna lie I thought I was gone too » you let out a weak smile before asking, « why... why would she attack me like that.. I was far away from her, the lights just cut out and then she was there. » you said looking over at the animatronic standing a few feet from the both of you.