DreamSwap Dream x Ani's Twin! Reader

Dream's PoV

'Ugh can't these paperwork just finish themselves?!' I grumbled as a I continue signing the paperwork. Hours pass, it's almost night time... I guess I'll take a break, maybe a small walk. 

I sat up, walk over to the door but then was suddenly greeted with Ink... of course. "Oh, My lord are you going somewhere?" He asked "Yes I do, may I help you Ink?" I replied, he seemed like he was going to say something but then held it back "It's nothing, just wanted to come by." He said, I brushed it off and wandered out into the halls. 

I walked into the garden, admiring the flowers under the endless beautiful sunset... 'times like this are the times I wish Ani was still alive..' I whispered quietly to myself. 'speaking of Ani I should visit them.' I walked to a small secluded area in the garden. 

There stood a grave, colorful flowers surrounding it. On the gravestone craved; "Here lies Ani. Lord Dream's close friend." I smiled, oh the sweet memories of his once loved one. If only he told Ani how he truly felt about them. He sat next to the grave, talking to Ani as if they were still alive. 

3rd Person's PoV

Hours pass, Dream seemed to get sleepier, but he continued spending time with Ani. Suddenly the sound of someone walking on the grass could be heard, Dream immediately got his senses back to normal and sat up stiffly. 

A cloaked (Y/G) hesitantly walked into the garden, then was greeted with Dream, staring at them with an unknown expression. "Who are you and why are you here?" Dream asked sternly, summoning a long, razor sharp sword, threateningly point it to their throat. "U-uhm-- Dream- I-" 

"Do not call me by my name, intruder."

The human looked at Dream, their face wasn't really viewable, although it was clear that they were hurt by the words. "My apologies Lord Dream." you said, bowing and adding a tint of sarcasm in your words. "I am just doing my daily visit for my dear sibling," They said, starring right into him. "unlike someone here." The cloaked figure walked towards Ani's grave, sitting the opposite side of where Dream was. 

's... sibling?' Dream questioned himself, when in stars name did Ani have a sibling? Why have they mentioned it to them before?

Finally a memory came back, a young maiden/ bachelor who was always quiet but never cold. They were always helping others and enjoyed spending time with Nightmare under an old tree. Playing games as he and Ani wandered around the village.  

Dream turned to the human, their cloak was down which then revealed their silky short hair (shush you have short black hair now no backsies) which very much resembles Ani. He was in shock, he almost thought you were Ani. "stop starring will ya?" They interrupted, Dream apologized and sat next to them, in which caused Y/n to bat an eye at him.

2nd Person's PoV

"You're Ani's sibling..?" he hesitantly asked, clearly is in shame for threatening you, someone who was close to Ani as he was.. maybe even more. "Yes... Yes I am." You replied, small tears running loose at the thought of your deceased twin, "My apologies, please excuse me for a mome--" You say as you were about to leave to clean your face from tears but Dream pulled you back, which caused you to fall onto him. "Please don't." He said, a pitiful smile on his face, he examined your face and cupped your cheek sweetly "You really are Ani's sibling."

A flashback occurred when you say his sweet, angelic smile.

You were sitting under a tree with Nightmare, the wind flew by as the two of you watch each others twin play with each other, you had quite the crush upon Dream but of course, Ani had gotten to him first. You didn't mind this though, Ani deserves a kind hearted man like him. You continued the little game you and Nightmare made up.

Back to the present, you smile at Dream, hugging him tightly yet lovingly. "Stars, you're such an idiot." You said jokingly. "I'll take my leave now, you two clearly would like sometime al-" you said, getting up-

"You still like me don't you?" 

Dream said, This made you freeze, he knew? but- why now? why just now is he asking you this?

 You slowly turned your head to him, "Wh-- what do you mean? I think you're a bit delusional right now Dream- Remember? It's me, Y/n, not Ani." Although it was possible he couldn't tell the difference between the two of you-- "I'm very much aware" Whoops.

"W-why now are you asking me this-?" You asked, he the pinned you AND YOU TWO STARTED MAKING OUT OMG!!!!?!?!???!! (no I'm joking pls no)

"Why are now are you asking me this Dream?" You asked, giving a cold yet regretful glare. "Because..." He cornered you, "I love you too Y/n." 

The atmosphere fell silent, the wind howling, it's late now, the moon shone over you two. 

"W-wh-- n-no- You just like me because I look like Ani, I'm nothing like them, trust me." You protest, "No, I've only ever seen Ani as a friend, but you?" He laughed sweetly, "You're so nice, but not overly nice, you can stand up for yourself and others. That's what I like most about you Y/n." He said, you feel your face heat up, a light blush covering your cheeks.

"Shut up idiot... I love you too..."

---

Hi sorry this came in late but uh

y e a h 

baiii