Unwound

"What is it, I suppose?" Beatrice asked impatiently. She was suspicious of this newcomer, because what are the chances that a random, unknown person just shows up and defeats Capella and gets so close to (Y/N) so fast? This is just like the 'deus ex machina' thing that Subaru mentioned once, and she didn't like that.

Omega locked the door to the isolated room, earning a glare from Beatrice. 

Subaru looked nervous and tightened his grip around Beatrice's hand. Only one thing could explain why Omega was acting like this, and he didn't expect it to come so soon. He looked at you, expecting to see a similar reaction, but he couldn't find anything other than acceptance.

Omega displayed and felt no anxiousness. What she was about to say was about as nerve-wracking as giving a certain someone the correct directions.

Beatrice did not feel good about this situation, so she tensed her body and prepared to protect herself and Subaru.

When the spirit began to raise her hand for protection, Omega smirked. "Interesting... you believe that your mother-figure would raise a hand against you after being separated for so long?"

Beatrice prepared to answer 'Yes, in fact,' before Omega's words finally registered after a moment. Confusion brewed in her eyes, and her beautiful butterfly pupils were blurred by rejection. "Y-you have no idea what you are talking about, in fact! And how do you know about Mother, I suppose!"

Omega patted Beatrice's stiff head, since that seemed to work in anime. "Is it perhaps my appearance that confuses you?" She disengaged the illusion, and Omega suddenly no longer looked like Makisu Kurisu. Now, she looked just like the Ryuzu clones, since she had effectively possessed one of them.

As soon as the illusion dropped, Subaru gasped, and Beatrice began to shake. 

"Hmm?" Omega hummed. "What is this? Are you scared? Angry? Happy?"

There was no reply, so she sighed. "I would like to reveal my true form, but that is impossible as long as we are here, as I can be detected by-"

"Mother!" 

Beatrice looked up, tears overflowing. Interrupting Omega, who had finally been revealed to her as Echidna, Beatrice hugged the woman whom she had been missing for over four hundred years. "M-mother! How are you alive?! How are you here?! Betty was alone for so long... Why?! Tell Betty, Mother! Why?!"

Beatrice dropped her usual speaking pattern and began to cry into Omega, who rolled her eyes. In the sweetest voice she could muster, Omega delicately replied, "I am so sorry for leaving you alone, Beatrice. However, you must be informed I am not the same Echidna that you knew. I am a version of her before you were created, but that does not negate any special connection you had with her. You see, I am actually contracted to (Y/N), and he suggested that we reveal the truth. That is why I am telling you about my identity even though I am not truly your 'mother'. Reality is often disappointing."

Beatrice shook her head. "Even if you are not Mother, you have her voice, in fact." She sniffled and broke the hug from someone who went from potential enemy to one of the people closest to her heart. Continuing, she said, "Hearing your voice makes me happier than you can imagine, I suppose. That is more than enough to give to Betty, so do not be sorry, in fact."

Beatrice stepped away from Omega and turned to Subaru. "This is what she told you yesterday, I suppose."

Subaru silently shook his head, which made Beatrice sigh. "Subaru truly is a fool, in fact... But you are my fool, so I will forgive you, I suppose."

Quickly, before Subaru could complain, Beatrice addressed you. "And (Y/N), this is what you promised you would tell me the night the mansion burned, I suppose."