A Very Important Meeting

(A/N): I'm sorry that I didn't post a chapter last week! To make up for that, here's an extra long chapter! I hope you enjoy it!

"Why did they go to the Sanctuary! Didn't all of the Witch Cultists get killed? What, or who, made the villagers go there?!" This was bad news, as this meant that you had to go to the Sanctuary and deal with all of the crap that would happen over there.

Frederica was slightly taken aback by your aggressive reaction, and Subaru also looked horrified. He mouthed the words 'death trap', but you were the only one who could have known what he was trying to mouth.

Being the professional maid that she was, Frederica answered politely. "This morning, I received a letter from Ram asking me to return. In that letter, she explained that the villagers of Arlam felt uneasy about the possibility of the Witch Cult remaining in the forest, and since there were no fighters other than her left, the elder approached her. The elder wanted to have the villagers evacuated somewhere safe for the next few days, and Ram complied, taking them to the Sanctuary. "

"I can't believe this." You would have slapped your forehead, but you were still holding on to Rem. All of a sudden, a thought hit you.

You can just stay here at the mansion and let Subaru go to the Sanctuary and figure everything out there. You can figure out a way to stop Elsa and the mabeast user, and Subaru can handle the things at the Sanctuary.

Everybody was looking at you, expecting you to keep on fuming about the development.

You took a deep breath and calmed down. "Sorry about that. Just because something unexpected happened doesn't mean that I need to freak out. Now," you looked at Frederica, who was listening closely. "I guess we can go inside and talk about this some more."

Frederica smiled, showing off her sharp teeth. "Of course. Please allow me to help take your luggage inside."

Time Skip

By the time that you and Subaru had taken Rem to her room, Frederica had already taken out all of the things from the other carriages with the help of Crusch's attendants. You never did get to see what was in them.

When everybody had their things situated, the four of you sat in the main lobby.

Frederica initiated the conversation. "Allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Frederica Baumann. I was employed here in the past."

Subaru's face lit up when a realization hit him. "Now that you mention it, I do remember somebody telling me that a maid had quit right before me and (Y/N) got here."

Frederica nodded her head. "I took my leave for personal reasons. Then I came back at Ram's request, and I returned about an hour before the three of you came." She then grimaced. "I found the kitchen and the trees in the garden in a desolate state. It was quite awful, and I just finished cleaning it up."

Yeah, that's what happens when Rem isn't here.

Emilia, who didn't remember the blue-haired maid, was confused. "But Ram always worked hard for us while you were away, so why, in the past few days...?" After she said this, Emilia gasped.

It seemed like she realized what had happened, and you vocalized her thoughts. "Without Rem- who nobody remembers except for me and Subaru-" You added that because Frederica wasn't really filled in about her. "Ram probably can't handle everything by herself, so that's why everything turned out the way it did."

Frederica pursed her lips together. "Was Rem that girl who you were carrying earlier?"

You and Subaru nodded your heads. The latter explained, "Yeah. Rem is Ram's little sister, and her existence was eaten by the Archbishop of Gluttony, so nobody remembers her. I don't know why (Y/N) and I remember her, but that's what happened."