The Night Before Chaos

You opened your eyes, and held your stomach. The uneasiness that came from going from one world(?) to another was not something that could be brushed off.

You checked your surroundings, and confirmed that it hadn't been that long since you entered Echidna's Tea Party. There was a rock on the ground, and the shadow that had covered it when you sat down on the bench was still right on top of it, so Echidna was right. Time really does flow differently at her Tea Party.

Now, you thought about what was going to happen. The first order of business was to tell Subaru that you'd be leaving for the mansion. After that, you would leave, probably getting a ride to the barrier and then running/walking the rest of the way back. It would be a good workout, though it would probably take a long time.

To be honest, you haven't been following Julius' workout routine, so some extra exercise was needed to keep getting stronger.

With a sigh, you stood up. Subaru was probably talking to the villagers or talking to Emilia right now, so their residence would probably be the best place to check first.

"(Y/N)?"

You froze in place, and turned your head to the speaker.

It was Ram, and she looked troubled. "(Y/N), can I speak with you?"

You sat back down on the bench and nodded your head. Ram sat down next to you, her stern expression not giving her thoughts away.

"(Y/N), my... sister."

Your body stiffened even more, and tried to form words. "I-I'm sorry. I was with her when we were attacked, but I couldn't do anything to keep her safe. I'll take all the blame for what happened, so hate me if you want. You might not remember her, but you deserve the truth."

"If I remember correctly, I said something similar to you when we last talked to each other."

You smiled with remorse. You remembered those words clearly, and you were glad for them. They had given you the wake up call that you needed, and snapped you out of the delusion that you had created. 'Hate me if you will...' 'I just informed you of the truth.'

You heard Echidna start to say something, but you immediately silenced her. This discussion was not about to be interrupted with some witty remarks.

Ram continued when she saw you smile. "You have grown. Good job. It seems like there may be hope in you and Barusu."

You turned your head to her when she said this. It was unusual for Ram to act this sincere, but she's going through a lot right now. Even so, this change in attitude wasn't bad.

"With that said, I would like to ask you something."

This sentence caught your attention. Ram seemed more vulnerable when she said this, and it really threw you off.

"Of course, what do you need?" You replied. This seemed like it was going to be serious, and there was no reason to refuse to listen to Ram.

She looked at you, and her face softened, which made you even more curious as to what she was about to say. "Do not do what Roswaal-sama wants you to do. I want to help him, and the only way to do that is to stop everything from going his way. I love him, so please help me stop him from going down the path that is destroying him."

Ah, so that's what she wanted to say. It makes a lot more sense now.

You smiled. "Don't worry. I wasn't planning on it." You stood up, and began to walk away.

"Thank you," came Ram's voice from behind you.

Without looking back, you answered, "It's the least that I can do."