Butler Time

"Wait, what?! This isn't your first time in the mansion?!" Of course, you knew that you can't remember Subaru's previous loops, but you still can't get used to the fact that he can die without you knowing any better.

"Yeah. If you'll listen, I'll let you know what I pretty much did those three times."

You sit down on the grass, ready to hear this. 

Subaru sat down with you, and began his explanation. "Well, the first time, I explored the mansion and at lunch I asked Roswaal, who owns this place, if I could be a butler. He said yes, so I did butler stuff for a few days. One night, I heard some chains, and when I woke up, I saw that I was back when I first woke up in the mansion."

"The second time, I did everything pretty much the same but I also told you about what happened. When it came to the night that I originally died, you came into my room to see if they would kill you first, and have me see who the killer was. Unfortunately, I died before my killer even came."

He paused, catching his breath. "The third time, I didn't tell you to see what would happen. I chose to become a guest instead of a butler and spend my time learning the language and some magic." He cringed. "It turns out that I'm not very good at magic yet, so don't expect much from me." He sighed.

"Anyways, after a few days, I didn't die, but Ram did. Rem seemed to suspect me, so I ran away, and ended up killing myself so I could fix things." He put his hands up. "Any now here we are. My fourth attempt in this loop."

After he mentioned his own ability, he looked curious. "So, (Y/N), you've already told me your thoughts on your ability, but you still haven't named it. What do you want your ability to be called?"

"Give me a second." You put your chin in your hands and think.

Well, first off, how did Ram die? I guess that she went the village instead of Rem, but it looks like my actions have already started to change the plot of Re:Zero. I'll have to be careful so that I don't accidentally make things worse than they were going to be.

And back to Subaru's deaths. I guess that I'll guide him to figuring out that the dog bite had a curse in it. Other than that, I think that I'll become a butler and maybe learn some magic like Subaru said he did. 

Speaking of butlers, how do I make sure that Ram and Rem don't kill me or Subaru? If I can't gain their trust, we will just have to restart again. Maybe I'll ask Subaru. He has gained some first hand experience with them, so he might have an idea...

Oh wait. He asked me to name my ability. 

Well, I don't fully understand it yet, so I don't think that I should name it yet.

"You know, Subaru I don-"

"Let me guess. You can't name your power because you don't know enough about it." He sighed.

You scrunch your eyebrows. "How did you know what I was about to say?"

He deadpanned. 

"Oh," you forgot the obvious. "I've said that before, haven't I?"

"Yep," Subaru replied. He stood up, and offered you a hand. 

"Thanks." You take his hand and get up. "So, where are we headed now?"

"We have about an hour before we need to be at the dining hall, so I guess that we should find you some new clothes."

You get embarrassed. You had forgotten that your clothes now look like rags, covered in rips and dirt.

"Yeah." You freeze. "J-just don't let Ram know. I kinda don't need her knowing that I messed up my clothes right after I got them." 

Subaru laughed. "You've got a point there. She won't stop harassing you for who knows how long if she found out." He thought for a moment before continuing. "Here, I'll take you to my room, and I'll find you some clothes. If I get questioned, I can just tell them that I was exploring."