Let's Talk

Let's go! This is the last chapter of Arc 4, so here's a commemorative picture for the arc that I found. Enjoy!

It was time.

You, along with Emilia, Subaru, Beatrice, Garfiel, Elsa, Meili, Roswaal, and Otto, were finally settled at the base of the Flugel Tree, a tree so tall that it seems to pierce the heavens.

Also at the tree were delegates from the Crusch camp, who included Wilhelm van Astrea and Felix Argyle. These two were actually the first people outside of the Emilia camp that you talked to.

Unfortunately, things didn't go smoothly, just as you expected. You were the first person in the Emilia camp to make their way towards everyone else, and Elsa, who was right behind you, caught some attention.

"(Y/N)-kyun! What is she doing with nyou?!!" Felix pointed an accusing finger at Elsa, and Wilhelm began to unsheathe his sword.

"(Y/N)-dono, forgive me if I am mistaken, but is that the Bowel Hunter who stands beside you? If so, I am prepared to strike her down for her crimes." The Sword Demon locked eyes with you, so he noticed the absence of any fear and hatred from you. This confused the old man, so he waited for you to explain.

Placing a protective arm in front of Elsa, you said, "To answer your question, yes, this is Elsa Granhiert, also known as the Bowel Hunter. But-!"

As both Felix and Wilhelm tensed, you used your free hand to signal for peace. "She's on my side now. You don't have to worry about her killing anyone that doesn't deserve it."

Wilhelm took his hand off his sword, but something about your words troubled him. "I assume that she will still be killing? I would like to know how you were able to gain her as an ally, but I am the most concerned for the lives of those present here."

Elsa gently put your arm down. With a grin, she explained, "I don't serve Mama anymore, so who knows who I might kill~? I'll try to follow (Y/N)'s orders, but if anyone tempts me... hm?"

Elsa turned around as she felt a slap on her back. This glance revealed that it was her little sister-figure, Meili. "Elsa, you sound so suspicious when you say that! I'm being a good girl, so at least try to act good!" 

During Meili's casual chastising, Felix adopted a shocked expression to Elsa's words. "Did nyou say Mama?! And who nyis this?"

Gesturing at Meili, you introduced the young girl. "This is Meili... um... what's your last name?" This last part was whispered, but it was easily heard by the three others around you.

Meili sighed. "I guess that you are almost as careless as Elsa. I mean, how do you not know the name of a girl who-" Seeing that you did not like where this was going, Meili stopped and chose to answer the question without her commentary. "Portroute. My full name is Meili Portroute. And I'm the Mabeast User!"

Felix waved his hands, trying to hurry the conversation along, as if he didn't care about Meili anymore. "Nyou mentioned Mama, right? Is she the same person nyas the person who leads the Assassin Organization, 'Mother'?"

Both Elsa and Meili nodded their heads. 

Felix's eyes widened even further, and Wilhelm began to mumble to himself. 

Before this conversation could progress any farther, Subaru led the rest of the Emilia camp to where you were.

"What's up, Wilhelm-san!? It seems like it's been months since I last saw you!" Subaru had a cheery attitude, and it snapped the Sword Demon out of his thoughts.

"Subaru-dono, it is a pleasure to see you again. Hopefully, we will be able to talk to each other after these negotiations." Wilhelm bowed, and he signaled to the place where a large group of people had gathered. "Now, let me guide you to the rest of the participants."