Training

You wake up, the sun in your eyes. You sigh. "Last nigh- this morning was interesting..." You rub your tired eyes. 

"Now, what do I do first?"

That question was answered when Rem walked into your room, seeming to have something to say. "(Y/N)..."

"What is it?" you ask.

"Well... Roswaal-sama has asked for you to see him once you wake up... so you should go and meet him outside."

Curse that clown! What does he want from me now?

 "Did he tell you why he wants to talk with me?" You hoped that he didn't have some other scheme, but you wouldn't be too surprised if Roswaal had something planned.

Rem shook her head. "I cannot say for certain, but I might have an idea. I think that you may be leaving for the mansion with him and Emilia-sama."

"What?!" You bolted out of the covers, and nearly fell out of the bed. You quickly made your way to Rem, and continued. "I can't go back to the mansion! I have to stay here and help you and Subaru!"

Rem smiled, and reassured you, "Do not worry. This is just an idea, so I may be wrong. And even if you are separated from us, Subaru and I will be fine on our own. You have no reason to worry."

You know that this isn't true. Subaru will die multiple times, and Rem will eventually go comatose, with nobody remembering her. You need to be there so that none of this happens, but you can't tell Rem about that. 

If you are forced to be separated from them, you will just have to leave Subaru a message telling him as much as you can about the coming disasters.

"If you say so..." you tell Rem. You then walk out of the room, and head to the door that leads out of the lodging. 

Once you went outside, Roswaal was immediately in your face. "Hellooooo (Y/N)-kun. Did you have a pleasant night?" He was smiling, but this was misleading.

"Sure. Now, what do you want from me?" you inquired, your voice dripping with venom. 

"My my, straight to the point!" he responded. "Well, I have made preparations for you to stay with the Hoshin household for a shoooort amount of time!"

"What?!" Why would he do this? This makes no sense. What does he gain by sending me to Anastasia's household?

Knowing that you would be confused, Roswaal explained. "I was aware that the knight Julius Juukulius offered to train you. Hearing about this, I immediately contacted Miss Anastasia, and she agreed to let you stay and train with Julius for a weeeek! Isn't that nice?"

Your eyes widened. "I do remember that, but why now? I'd like to stay with Subaru and assist him."

Roswaal clicked his tongue. "That boy needs to learn how to accomplish more on his own. With you, he won't learn. He won't grow. Besides, you have no business with the Karsten household. You would be-"

"I don't care! I need to help Subaru! I need to help Rem!" you interrupted.

"Is that so? What can you accomplish? You are still weak, and besides, you can leave a message for Subaru-kun using your knowledge, correct?" 

The fact that Roswaal knew exactly what you were planning to do unsettled you. "Well, yes, but I can train with Wilhelm! He can-"

Roswaal shook his head. "Did that man offer to train you?"

"No, but-"

"You wouldn't want to offend Miss Hoshin or her knight by training with another candidate's knight, woooould you?"