Chapter Twenty

Chloe's POV:

"There is a big possibility that you're lying to me." I pushed myself away from him as I crossed my arms.

He acted like he was taken back from my command.

"Chloe, why would I lie? You know what?" He asked and I didn't put an effort to shake my head. I just waited for him to go on.

All of the sudden he took my hand and roughly dragged me out the dance floor. He dragged me with so much force that I wasn't even walking on my own legs.

Befor I had the chance to argue, we were already in a really big hall and it was completely empty. All that filled the room was fancy furnitures and a big cristal Chandelier.

"I'm so fucking tired of keeping this in me. Actually for a nerdy little girl like you, you should've figured it out by now." He let go of my hands as I felt the door shut with a loud sound that made me jump and look back.

I was sure he closed the door with his powers.

"You! You were on my mind since the very first day you came to our house. Everything about you made me so intrested in you. I couldn't help but stare at you every single time you were around. And just like that I let go of the only person I've ever been loving in my whole life!" He yelled and his voice echoed in the spacious room.

What!? He loves me?

"Yes, idiot. How could you not notice that I love you?" He turned to me and his eyes... they were full of sadness for the first time. I could've pulled him for a hug if I didn't hate him so much.

"But...that's not possible. You hated me. You claimed that I was the reason that your parents separated. you always bullied me in school. You made everyone laugh at me. And above all, you would've done everything to make sure that I was living a hell...and not to mention-"

"God damn it! Stop!" He interrupted me with his loud shout as he walked towards me with a fast speed.

"I did all of that to make sure you hate me. Because if otherwise it would've been dangerous for you. I couldn't risk having you because my father was making me a walking devil. He wanted, and wants, to make me a true devil. But it doesn't matter now because, now, his purpose is my purpose too."

Somehow his words brought me a big fear. He said those words as if he was warning me with every detail he could give.

James standing there and me processing his words brought me a feeling of dejà vu. It wasn't the first time he said something that made my mind all bothered and confused.

"I don't know what else to say, Chloe." He sighed deeply and before I had the chance to at least utter a syllable he left me in the big room.

I didn't notice he walked out of the room as my mind was just screaming one word to me.

Love?

It's so much to take in. I will never love James even if he didn't do all those horrible things to me although he said he had reasons, I couldn't accept his reasons. Well mostly because my heart would and will always beat for a curtain person. I was in love with Derek. I planned my whole future with him. Because he's the one for me and he's the love of my life not anyone else.

But James...I can't deny that when I was younger I had crush on him. But I was young. And that times I wasn't leaving with him and his father, but everytime we would see each other in school or anywhere else I always tried my best to dress properly and do my hair as best as I could. He was my first crush. But everything changed when his morals changes.

I started to loathe him. I started to stay away. I started to get scared. And all this time I didn't know he was doing all that on purpose. All this time he was forced?...he said his dad wanted and wants to make a devil out of him so with doing all those things he wanted to scare me away but somehow I believed there was more to this story...and I couldn't put my finger on it.